Hi there. Im Harry from New Zealand. Ive been viewing the site for a while but this is my first post. I have to say the site is great and provides tons of help and ideas. There doesnt seem to be a lot of building in NZ so its great to have this resource. Im an ex-plastic modeller and so far have attempted 4 ship builds, the first (Le Hussard) i gave away unfinished to a friend. Ive built a small fishing boat (Norden) and then the american cutter (Swift). My last build was the Occre Beagle, which took me a very long time. I have admit i didnt do the rigging - this was done by a guy at the Auckland Museum of the Sea - he did a great job i think - see pic. Ìm now working on Occres 1/75 Erebus and am about to start the second planking. I found the hull difficult to plank but have since read that it is made more difficult due to the "bomb ship" design. Im slowly coming to grips with the building process and the technical terms - helped a lot by you guys, so thanks. I look forward to doing more. Cheers Harry.

Complete 2.jpg

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our active members - very good, that you are showing us your model
She is looking great
I am pretty sure, that your Erebus will be also successfull - I like the bombs also, working in the moment on the Granado.
Think about to start a building log of your Erebus.....

Back