New kit Occre - Hms Terror

Interesting vessel.
It would be interesting to compare the Occre kit with the drawings of this guy, who built terror from scratch.
To see the historical accuracy.
Thanks for the info

finished the terror in oct 2019 and like a.l. occre gives full size images of completed model in different finishes ie: painted and varnished. i went with the painted version and build her to match the ship as she was on the franklin expedition. only problem with a.l. and occre are their inteprertations of scale with their blocks and deadeyes. blocks especially are oversized for most ship rigging rule of thumb is blocks get smaller as you go higher in the kits they are all same size

finished the terror in oct 2019 and like a.l. occre gives full size images of completed model in different finishes ie: painted and varnished. i went with the painted version and build her to match the ship as she was on the franklin expedition. only problem with a.l. and occre are their inteprertations of scale with their blocks and deadeyes. blocks especially are oversized for most ship rigging rule of thumb is blocks get smaller as you go higher in the kits they are all same size
Would you post your finished Terror in the Completed builds section?Thanks

Interesting information, especially for the new member @Teal2 who is thinking about buying this kit, see his post:
https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/threads/thinking-of-building-ocore-hms-terror-model.3157/

So therefore we can underline the words of Zoly and Jim, that it would be a great add to our forum, if you could show us your model....

Back