- May 27, 2021
- Location Trinidad & Tobago
I am planning to upgrade my work bench in the next few months and need advice on which Foredom to buy and what accessories i should purchase. I am sure some of you have experience with these wonderful hanging pendant drills.
The first challenge is which model to buy
- SR, TX and LX. SR seems to be the most recommended but lacks torque at very low speeds. I do not have a drill that works well at very low speeds. All my drills are high speed.
- WHICH SPEED CONTROLLER TO BUY, FOOT OR DESK TOP. I have a foot controller for the Dremel hanging tool but was considering getting a table top speed controller. No particular reason, just adding options.
-WHICH HAND PIECE TO BUY. From the reading about various post there are quick release hand pieces with a flexible attachment as well as a 3 jaw Jacob chuck no. 30 seems to be the recommended first hand piece. Then the suggested quick release # 18 seems recommended. Will all my Dremel pieces work? There is also a flexible attachment that is being recommended with most hand pieces.
- WHICH SHAFT SHOULD I USE. there seem to be two types of shafts, one with a square end the other has a a key at the end. Also owners make reference to the shaft being stiff. My preference would be the key end shaft
- WILL I NEED ANOTHE DESK ATTACHMENT TO HANG THE MOTOR. i have one for the Dremel but suspect that it will not carry the weight of the Foredom.
- ARE THERE ANY ATTACHMENTS THAT ARE A MUST HAVE. there is a 90 degree angle head for sanding and a small belt sander. Not that i need another drill press but there also seems to be a drill pressas eell.
i am in no rush as Susan will be giving me this for Christmas.