New Rookie

Hi I'm Ryan from the Netherlands and I am a rookie in wooden boat building so I hope to learn a lot here.
I have found a beautiful vintage ship Sovereign of the Seas, this package is from 1968 from Carta Augusto. the only thing I'm missing is the keel, but it's easy to make yourself, I also have Amati's building plans.
I'm considering building the ship, or maybe I should sell it... I'm still thinking about that ;)

I'll post some pictures here.

IMG_0096.JPEG

IMG_0097.JPEG

IMG_0098.JPEG

IMG_0099.JPEG

IMG_0100.JPEG

IMG_0101.JPEG

IMG_0102.JPEG

IMG_0103.JPEG

IMG_0104.JPEG

IMG_0105.JPEG

IMG_0106.JPEG

IMG_0107.JPEG

IMG_0108.JPEG

IMG_0109.JPEG

IMG_0110.JPEG

Welkom aan boord.

I would build the kit you already have. There is so much fun about building these old kits. You have to do a lot and find out by yourself. The modern kits are almost plastic build because the most is prefab. Succes met deze bouw Ryan.

Welcome aboard mate!! This site is absolutely wonderful & a worlds worth of knowledge and many helpful people for Ship modeling in all its forms!!
Never be afraid to ask for help because the only Dumb Question is the One you don't ask! Happy Model Ship Building my Friend!!!!

Thanks Stephan...
I'm also like the old kits, much more details and not one plastic part in the box :D
On of my first build was the Spansk Galeon of Billing Boats. More then 60 years old, and so much fun.
I can remember your kit on Marktplaats.nl, not long ago. Very rare and that's the most interestic part to build and make a log here.

On of my first build was the Spansk Galeon of Billing Boats. More then 60 years old, and so much fun.
I can remember your kit on Marktplaats.nl, not long ago. Very rare and that's the most interestic part to build and make a log here.
yes that's right, I bought it on marktplaats 1 year ago for a nice price ;)
My first built was the Willem Barentsz from Kolderstok to gain some experience and now I'm going to start with this kit, I'm sure that I need a lot of help and a lot of patience... but what I see here in the forum is that there are many experienced builders who are ready to help, so I don't worry about that.

from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Welcome aboard! Nice to see a kit from days gone by (before laser cutters existed).

Hi I'm Ryan from the Netherlands and I am a rookie in wooden boat building so I hope to learn a lot here.
I have found a beautiful vintage ship Sovereign of the Seas, this package is from 1968 from Carta Augusto. the only thing I'm missing is the keel, but it's easy to make yourself, I also have Amati's building plans.
I'm considering building the ship, or maybe I should sell it... I'm still thinking about that ;)

I'll post some pic
Hallo @Ryanvh
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

I'll post some pictures here.
Hallo @Ryanvh
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back