New to serious modeling

In retirement I have launched straight into attempting a scratch model of HMS Medea 1778 (Enterprise class) with timber grown on my own farm in Queensland. Not sure how it will go but I have printed up plans and started laying out keel and milling timber for frames.

Once I get a little further on I will start a build log.

This is a great site which I have been trolling for a while now. Very happy to be accepted as a member.

Welcome to SOS, I can't wait to see your project, I also wonder what kind of trees you have in your garden.

Also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
Sounds very interesting - so we are looking forward to see your work in a building log - as early as possible - also preparation and planning are often very interesting

Mate: Are you planning a plank on bulkhead build, or plank on frame? Have you built ship models before?

The reason I ask is, that if you haven't built kits before, it may be best to start with a simple plank on bulkhead kit to get the general "lay of the land" before scratch building. Bob Hunt has a great beginning practicum for the "Swift" by Artesania Latina. A good starter project. If you have some experience, and are planning to go ahead with a scratch build, great! Please post a log!

Mate: Are you planning a plank on bulkhead build, or plank on frame? Have you built ship models before?

The reason I ask is, that if you haven't built kits before, it may be best to start with a simple plank on bulkhead kit to get the general "lay of the land" before scratch building. Bob Hunt has a great beginning practicum for the "Swift" by Artesania Latina. A good starter project. If you have some experience, and are planning to go ahead with a scratch build, great! Please post a log!
Dave ,he started a log already

Back