New to SOS

Hello members. My name is Jim but will be going by Guido. I have been building model ships off and on for over 40 years.
I grew up in Woodside Queens, NY, and left for Alaska when I started my career teaching math. My ship modeling claim to fame is being featured in Model Ship Builder, issue number five, in the "Profile of a Modeler" section. I still have many of the back issues and when I looked at the date of number five I could not believe 40 years have passed. That model, the "Endeavor" was completed a few years later, but since I traveled throughout Alaska teaching in different villages I sold it to a law firm in Anchorage. I completed the "Resolution" which sits in a case at home, and am currently working on the 50 gun ship "Antelope" circa1706". The three ships are plank on frame construction with Turkish boxwood and ebony. Plans for the "Antelope" were purchased from the NMM.
My email address is ajames1946@yahoo.com.

Thank you. I will send pictures of the resolution and antelope later this week.

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Hello members. My name is Jim but will be going by Guido. I have been building model ships off and on for over 40 years.
I grew up in Woodside Queens, NY, and left for Alaska when I started my career teaching math. My ship modeling claim to fame is being featured in Model Ship Builder, issue number five, in the "Profile of a Modeler" section. I still have many of the back issues and when I looked at the date of number five I could not believe 40 years have passed. That model, the "Endeavor" was completed a few years later, but since I traveled throughout Alaska teaching in different villages I sold it to a law firm in Anchorage. I completed the "Resolution" which sits in a case at home, and am currently working on the 50 gun ship "Antelope" circa1706". The three ships are plank on frame construction with Turkish boxwood and ebony. Plans for the "Antelope" were purchased from the NMM.
Hallo Jim alias @Guido
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hallo @Guido
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back