New to the forum and adult model building

Hello from South Carolina. I was recently in the hospital for two surgeries and during my recovery at home I decided to finish a model my friend had given me many years ago when he moved away. It was a Tamiya 1/350 USS Missouri. I finished it, enjoyed building it, and decided to take up the hobby of model ship building.

I had not put together a model in many decades, actually since I was a child. Back then I had built mainly 1/25 scale AMT cars and as most children do they weren't done very nicely! I was surprised how much has changed since then. I didn't know about photo etch or wood decks etc. I purchased quite a bit of tools and supplies and Bought a Minicraft 1/350 Titanic.

Ever since I was a child I have always been very interested in and a big fan of ocean liners from the early to mid 20th century. I also really like battleships. I'm trying to improve whatever skills I have and basically consider this Titanic model as more of a practice run to try and get better for future models. I am waiting on a 1/350 Lusitania that I won on ebay and I also purchased a Trumpeter 1/200 Titanic. That one will stay in it's box until I hopefully improve enough to do it justice.

This is as far as I have gotten.....it's slow going for me not really knowing what I'm doing! Thanks for the add to your community. PS: The Trumpeter is gigantic!s1.jpgs2.jpgS3.jpg

Thank you. I assume I should just post photos of my progress? I will do that. Thanks again.
No limit at all - we all here love to see photos - showing progress, but also kits, tools etc..... We are Happy that you have found us Thumbsup

Welcome aboard SOS. Chris! We wish you to have as much fun as we do! :) As Uwe mention, we would love to see the assembly progress in your build log. Should you need help, just ask.

Back