New Trumpeter 1/200 Enterprise and Yorktown

I had heard that these were going to be produced awhile ago and some hobby dealers even have pre sales for them now. Has any more info been released? Really want to build them both.

If anyone is interested, the Trumpeter 1/200 USS Yorktown has been released and they have a few kits headed to Freetime Hobbies. I snatched one right away and hope they get them in soon and shipped to my home. Looks like a very nice kit and a huge model.

I haven't seen any info on Enterprise coming out, but I do have the Yorktown in my stash pile now. Haven't started it though, still trying to finish Bismarck.

I've been searching online for a lead on the Yorktown and the Enterprise and could find nothing. Trumpeter doesn't have it's own web site that I could see but I did find a ton of info on the YT on Wikipedia and that ship has one super long list of awards and action in the Pacific. It indicated that the ship was labeled a CV, CVA and CVS during it time in commission. The CVS is for antisubarine work and the CVA is for Attack service but it didn't say what the CV stood for. Maybe somebody here will know what that meant. Also which type does the model represent? I'm assuming the Enterprise is the CVN 65 with the 'N' for Nuclear powered. I'm working on the 1:350 now and the 1:200 I have to get too.

Thinking about how long the "E" would be at 1:200 and I got a tad over five and a half feet. If I'm right that is really huge. The Big E is 341.3 meters long. Do any of you come up with the same number? The 1:350 modl is 38 inches so the 1:200 would be more than two feet longer. Wonder how much PE stuff there is for that model? Probably already has a lot in the kit. Same for the YT. Here comes a monsoon rain storm. Later. Pete

Just talked with my dealer and he has the Yorktown which I ordered and the Enterprise will be out in June. He also says the Titanic will be out or maybe it is out and it's new in 1:200 also and retail is a bit over $600. The YT is $400 something and the E is not know to him yet but prolly about the same as the YT.

Just talked with my dealer and he has the Yorktown which I ordered and the Enterprise will be out in June. He also says the Titanic will be out or maybe it is out and it's new in 1:200 also and retail is a bit over $600. The YT is $479.95 and the E is not know to him yet but prolly about the same as the YT.
Just got the invoice and I had reserved an Enterprise while I was on the phone and it say's The retail on the E is $999.99 so we'll have to wait and see if that's the right price. Also it's the CV-6 not the 65. YT is CV-5 and the E is CV-6. Yorktown Class aircraft carrier.

Last edited:
I ordered mine from Freetime Hobbies, Ga (USA) and it was $319.00 pre order and is $329.00 (Free shipping) now and they did still have some in stock. I"ll have to get mine down and look at it, but I know the hull is over 4ft. 52 inches sounds familiar, but I will look at it tomorrow and let you know. I was surprised at the free shipping as the box is huge and the weight was 16+lbs. My wife misunderstood what I said about the box it came in and used the actual top cover with the picture of the ship to cut out a cardboard guitar for our young grand daughter. Was not happy about that. I am using the cover to my Bismarck to cover the box now as I'm almost done with that build.

I ordered mine from Freetime Hobbies, Ga (USA) and it was $319.00 pre order and is $329.00 (Free shipping) now and they did still have some in stock. I"ll have to get mine down and look at it, but I know the hull is over 4ft. 52 inches sounds familiar, but I will look at it tomorrow and let you know. I was surprised at the free shipping as the box is huge and the weight was 16+lbs. My wife misunderstood what I said about the box it came in and used the actual top cover with the picture of the ship to cut out a cardboard guitar for our young grand daughter. Was not happy about that. I am using the cover to my Bismarck to cover the box now as I'm almost done with that build.
You cannot deny the grand daughter a card board guitar no matter what. At least it went to a worthwhile project. Ha!

Greetings, I have a Trumpeter #03711, 1/200 USS Yorktown which there is no way I will ever have time to build or room to display.
The kit is unopened except to check for damage. All bags are sealed and the original heavy duty shipping box is available.
Price is $250.00 plus whatever shipping the buyer selects. Paypal is preferred.
Fedex from south Florida is pricey, please consider that cost.

Moderator: I will post this in the proper place. Put it here because of this discussion already open.

Last edited:
Back