NEW WORK ROOM

HI all well the new rooms are just about finished only to order more desk lamps, and floor lamps will post pictures tomorrow when it is light enough outside also my knew scroll saw ROCKWELL blade runnerX2 will try it out, zoly or jim where do i post the new work shop pictures, GOD BLESS STAY SAFE Don

HI all well the new rooms are just about finished only to order more desk lamps, and floor lamps will post pictures tomorrow when it is light enough outside also my knew scroll saw ROCKWELL blade runnerX2 will try it out, zoly or jim where do i post the new work shop pictures, GOD BLESS STAY SAFE Don

Don,

I would be interested to hear what you think of the Rockwell. As I understand it it is strictly not a scroll saw but an upside down jig saw or saber saw. Scroll saws hold the blade top and bottom and so the blade can be tensioned and quite thin blades can be used. It depends on the job you want it to do of course. For thickish timber it should be quite good.

John

Hi Don. I made a lighting system out of 1x2 and 5000 or 6000K ( bright white ) LED strip that is just fantastic. very little shadow and super light. you have to hot glue a bridge across the led strip about every 6-8 inches as the sticky back on the led strip isn't very good. also mount it just back of the front edge of your work bench to eliminate shadow. I did a double run ( over and back and own each side ) you can make them as long of a span as you want as a roll of led is about 16 ft but you can always get 2 rolls and easily solder the wiring together to make a longer string.
SAM_0231.JPG
SAM_0232.JPG

Back