Newbie from Long Island

Hello, just wanted to say hi. I just acquired a really nice tall ship model that needs some restoration. Looks like a fun, detailed hobby. Always admired ship models and now I figured why not start with a basic restoration first and then tackle a new one down the road. I do need some help with identifying some missing pieces etc. Hope to find the info on the forum.

Welcome aboard mate! I lived on Long Island for my longer years. Mostly in Nassau County.

Vince P. Ship-1

Welcome, I also have a model that I am thinking of restoration ,
but now I'm so lucky to see how you do it,
lykke til.

Hello, just wanted to say hi. I just acquired a really nice tall ship model that needs some restoration. Looks like a fun, detailed hobby. Always admired ship models and now I figured why not start with a basic restoration first and then tackle a new one down the road. I do need some help with identifying some missing pieces etc. Hope to find the info on the forum.
Hallo,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Welcome to SOS... Friendliest forum on the web. Lots of good folks around here. I'm certain one or more of them can help with your questions.
First thing would probably be to sit and read a bit. Look for the model ship by name in the "build logs". I assume you know the name.?? It would be nice if you knew the name of the manufacturer as well.....??? (if it was a "kit")....

Once you have looked up the ship and studied a little, then it is time to start a thread dedicated to the project. Don't just add questions here.... This forum area is for greeting new modelers and directing them to areas for the quickest and best responses..!! One good forum area to start your project thread would be
"General Topics---Help...". Here is a link to get you started:

General Topics---Help..

Again, welcome to SOS.!!

Back