Newbie from New Zealand

Hello all.

I have started to do a scratch build a 1:24 rc sailing model of the Pride of Baltimore II.

It has taken a long to start this project, I got copies of the Thomas C Gillmer drawings and the Shipways kit set book back in 2004, I visited Baltimore in 2011, but missed seeing the boat but I did see a half built 1:24 model of her in the visitors center.

Just before the great NZ COVID 19 shutdown I got some macrocarpa timber and started the build.

Hallo "John" alias @SloopJohnB ,
first of all a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
Would be very interesting to see your RC-version of the Pride of Baltimore II in a building log :cool:

Kia ora!! Welcome aboard!! Can you tell us a little more about macrocarpa wood. It certainly is an impressive tree which appears to be indigenous to New Zealand. Do you mill the wood yourself? Can you send us some photos?

Hello all.

I have started to do a scratch build a 1:24 rc sailing model of the Pride of Baltimore II.

It has taken a long to start this project, I got copies of the Thomas C Gillmer drawings and the Shipways kit set book back in 2004, I visited Baltimore in 2011, but missed seeing the boat but I did see a half built 1:24 model of her in the visitors center.

Just before the great NZ COVID 19 shutdown I got some macrocarpa timber and started the build.
Hi!
Where abouts in NZ are you - see Auckland what part? I'm currently in south - Ashburton - nice to have you here too, just ordered some kauri for a keel :) ordered from https://www.geoffsmodelshop.co.nz/store/c44/NZ_TIMBER.html great guys with a lot of ship building experience so I've been told.

Welcome aboard, John.
Looking forward to seeing a log, or maybe some images of your Pride of Baltimore build.
If you hit snags or have any questions, just ask the group. Folks are always willing to help.
Cheers and good luck with your build.

Hello all.

Hallo @SloopJohnB
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back