Newbie from The Villages Florida

Hello to all.

Many years ago before the invention of the internet I attempted to build a POF model. I failed miserably and gave up. I always wanted to give it another try. I am currently building a solid hull model Katy of Norfolk. I am making plenty of mistakes but enjoying the build tremendously. The internet and forums like this afford a great opportunity to learn from others. I look forward to using this website to grow my shipbuilding knowledge.

Jeff - Welcome to SOS! Like Jim said, feel free to ask a question or help. I'm sure you will find some tips and tricks to help you along. I have learned a lot from many of the members. Mistakes are there to help us move on!

Jeff, welcome to the forums, as stated members are great source of help and information on what to and not to do in assembly of a model.

Please start a build log and post photos, we love to see others work and you can ask questions in the build log and get answers back quickly most of the time.

Welcome aboard SOS, Jeff! We are happy you joined us! As my colleagues mentioned, you are in the right place. We always recommend starting your build log, and it doesn't have to be from the beginning. It is a great way for others to learn, and for you, asking for help. Looking forward to your build log of Katy of Norfolk.

Hello to all.

Many years ago before the invention of the internet I attempted to build a POF model. I failed miserably and gave up. I always wanted to give it another try. I am currently building a solid hull model Katy of Norfolk. I am making plenty of mistakes but enjoying the build tremendously. The internet and forums like this afford a great opportunity to learn from others. I look forward to using this website to grow my shipbuilding knowledge.
Hallo Jeff,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

and also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Jeff, you might update profile with location info. There are a lot of US members here, maybe you can find someone in your area who can be close enough to give you one on one advise of your work.

Hello to all.

Hallo Jeff alias @Jeff5115
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back