Newbie here from Philippines

Hi, I'm Sam, I just stumbled in this great forum looking for some build logs for HMS Victory that caught my attention since last year, right now I'm building it from scratch without any kits on hand as it is so expensive. good thing I found some free scanned plans from Mamoli but I don't have any ideas about scales :confused: that's why just scale it using photoshop to match the size that I want. Looking Forward to Learn from you guys, any advice would be appreciated :)

now I'm stuck in planking the hull ROTF

20200501_160157.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Sam and welcome aboard SOS. You don't have to struggle on your own. Please open your own build log and I am sure you will have followers who can give you advice (if you don't mind) :)

Welcome to the SoS forums.

Take time and look around and you can use the search function to locate others build logs on how they worked building the model up.

Start your own build log, very easy, just show and tell us what your doing, and identify any problems or questions you have, and members will freely give you advise on how to overcome any problems you are having.

Hello Sam and welcome aboard SOS. You don't have to struggle on your own. Please open your own build log and I am sure you will have followers who can give you advice (if you don't mind) :)

yes sir Jim, I will create my Build log, after I'm done cutting planks. it's hard to look for a good timber for the ship here in my location, there's not much of an option to choose from, so maybe I just use pine tree for the whole build :confused:

Hallo Sam,
and a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
We will try to help and assist when ever necessary and requested - as Jim mentioned already, the best way is to start a building log in the scratch area.
BTW- you made a good start and your photo is showing a very interesting project

Welcome aboard. Looks like your off to a good start. Don't let the lack of local materials availability bother you. Many a fine ship were built from whatever materials were laying around, including human hair for rigging. Keep up the good work.

By the way Sam, just for info, you can check out modeling accessories and supplies from ZHL in China and locally John at davaoshipmodeller.
By the way Sam, just for info, you can check out modeling accessories and supplies from ZHL in China and locally John at davaoshipmodeller.
Sir WarrLight, Thanks for the info, I really appreciated it. I just ordered a set of tweezers from davaoshipmodeller :) this is what I'm looking for all this time

Hi, I'm Sam, I just stumbled in this great forum looking for some build logs for HMS Victory that caught my attention since last year, right now I'm building it from scratch without any kits on hand as it is so expensive. good thing I found some free scanned plans from Mamoli but I don't have any ideas about scales :confused: that's why just scale it using photoshop to match the size that I want. Looking Forward to Learn from you guys, any advice would be appreciated :)

now I'm stuck in planking the hull ROTF

View attachment 151265
Hallo,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Kamusta Sam,
what part of the Philippines are you from?

Back