Newbie rebuild.

My father had this ship made for him while serving in Jspan in the 50's. Although my only modeling experience is with plastic, I'm going to rebuild this one. Although the ship is far from historically accurate, and has many Jerry-rigged components, it is a family heirloom that should be a blast to work on.

Any insight would be appreciated.

20191028_103840.jpg20191028_094901.jpg20191028_103840.jpg

Welcome to the Forum. You will like it here, a bunch of good people. As for your kit, wow. Try as best as you can and put back just as it was and cherish it. Sure, it is not a real ship, but a Japanese Folk Art that you might just be amazed at what it is worth, besides being a family heirloom. Look forward to seeing her back in all her glory.
Rick

Welcome to the Forum. You will like it here, a bunch of good people. As for your kit, wow. Try as best as you can and put back just as it was and cherish it. Sure, it is not a real ship, but a Japanese Folk Art that you might just be amazed at what it is worth, besides being a family heirloom. Look forward to seeing her back in all her glory.
Rick
Yeah, I quickly determined I wouldn't follow my modeler instinct and get more accurate fittings and the like. It will be as it was to the best of my ability. I think your 'folk art' comment sums it up perfectly.

Welcome to the forum.Good luck with your rebuild.I agree that you should keep faithful to the model.Going mad with aftermarket fittings would not be harmonious and will change the model from what it is intended to be.

Kind Regards

Nigel

My father had this ship made for him while serving in Jspan in the 50's. Although my only modeling experience is with plastic, I'm going to rebuild this one. Although the ship is far from historically accurate, and has many Jerry-rigged components, it is a family heirloom that should be a blast to work on.

Any insight would be appreciated.
Hallo @Bugman
we wish you all the Best and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
How is your restoration work going on?

Back