Newbie to the group and modelling

Hi all- thanks for letting me in!

I found this forum by chance but having read the threads relating to a build I’ll be taking on soon (Pocher Ducati final edition) I realised that this is a gold mine of information, skill and expertise.

My fancies are bikes and cars especially in the 1:4/1:8 scales which is going to become mighty expensive but enjoy looking at almost anything to try and figure out how it was made and put together to end up looking so god damn real!!

As a joiner by trade, time was my enemy and my cv isn’t very long- but it all started with the Valentino Rossi 1:4 (ahem- deagstini build with no modifications or personal touches whatsoever) which reignited my interest in modelling, especially these amazing large scale works of art and am now part way through the AC Shelby Cobra by agora and will then start the Pocher Ducati once I have a clean bench.

I’m fascinated by the limitless options of personalising your model and am already working on some tips on this forum for it but adding my own twist even though the Ducati is in the loft!

Since that I’ve bought an airbrush, compressor, spray booth too many brushes, vices, clamps, glues and all the other magical gadgets available on the tinternet.

Look forward to reading more on here as time goes on

Farewell From a total newbie in South Yorkshire. Uk.

James

140904BD-6452-4122-9EAD-E8D848507D00.jpeg

AB9CC9BF-D2EC-42A1-9714-F2743849A610.jpeg

1C635243-1BE9-4DD1-B506-A5FE7D64FA10.jpeg

948ADCF5-4971-44E1-B81F-7AE028472183.jpeg

BD9EBE42-76C7-47B9-9DFC-CD6624E59B3C.jpeg

B8D120E6-9E9F-47FE-B8AB-73468DAF5C14.jpeg

90C3DE9E-C849-4E8C-B7C0-41E7B424C5B5.jpeg

BB68D2E1-4D48-4BDB-9ED3-D7072A355E73.jpeg

D861A4DA-D13A-48F9-8C9A-BCA272A243B8.jpeg

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

I found this forum by chance but having read the threads relating to a build I’ll be taking on soon (Pocher Ducati final edition) I realised that this is a gold mine of information, skill and expertise.

My fancies are bikes and cars especially in the 1:4/1:8 scales which is going to become mighty expensive but enjoy looking at almost anything to try and figure out how it was made and put together to end up looking so god damn real!!

As a joiner by trade, time was my enemy and my cv isn’t very long- but it all started with the Valentino Rossi 1:4 (ahem- deagstini build with no modifications or personal touches whatsoever) which reignited my interest in modelling, especially these amazing large scale works of art and am now part way through the AC Shelby Cobra by agora and will then start the Pocher Ducati once I have a clean bench.

I’m fascinated by the limitless options of personalising your model and am already working on some tips on this forum for it but adding my own twist even though the Ducati is in the loft!

Since that I’ve bought an airbrush, compressor, spray booth too many brushes, vices, clamps, glues and all the other magical gadgets available on the tinternet.

James
Hallo James alias @Jamesc79
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

James

View attachment 342650

View attachment 342651

View attachment 342652

View attachment 342653

View attachment 342654

View attachment 342655

View attachment 342656

View attachment 342657

View attachment 342658
Welcome aboard!
You have a great looking model. Very meticulous job.

Back