Newbie.

Just joined. I am still searching the site. I have done plastic models, mostly cars, since I was young. Have always envied the wood sailing models and want to do one. When ever I see a completed one I can’t help but stop and take a look at it and admired the workmanship. I have narrowed my choice to a clipper ship for the first build and will do a relatively easy one.

Hey Dross...
Welcome to SOS. Glad to have you here. Pull up a chair and sit a while. Read a little. Think a little. Look at the pictures. Lots to see and do around here. We have a lot of members in Texas, some of which are around your area I believe.!! Remember to start a build log when you get going on a model. Pictures, we love pictures.!!
Again, welcome.

Hi Dross :)
welcome aboard, good luck with the project, you will find here great people that will gladly give you guidance and support

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

I just looked at your build photos. Your workmanship is excellent. Beautiful job. Hope I can do half as well.
This is my first. I got a lot of tips from the rest of these guys. Unfortunately, I was halfway through my build before I joined this group. You'll get a lot of help here. Have you started a build yet? Or you in the planning stages?

Warm welcome. We look forward to seeing your work on the clipper. Wooden ship modeling is incredibly rewarding. Glad you made the switch, and good luck with the build! :)

I am 64. Been modeling since I was 12. Done just about every genre there is. Concentrating on scratch built American sailing warships in 1/72 scale id you search ships destroyed at Norfolk harbor 1861 you will see the 11 warships I am making. I have finished the Pennsylvania and Columbus. I am rigging the United States and am about to copper the bottom of the Delaware.

IMG_7168.JPGIMG_7169.JPGIMG_7165.JPGIMG_7032.JPGIMG_7053.JPGIMG_7054.JPGIMG_7098.JPGIMG_7072.JPGIMG_7073.JPGIMG_7074.JPGIMG_7077.JPGIMG_7066.JPGIMG_7068.JPGIMG_7069.JPGIMG_7070.JPGIMG_7071.JPG

I am 64. Been modeling since I was 12. Done just about every genre there is. Concentrating on scratch built American sailing warships in 1/72 scale id you search ships destroyed at Norfolk harbor 1861 you will see the 11 warships I am making. I have finished the Pennsylvania and Columbus. I am rigging the United States and am about to copper the bottom of the Delaware.

View attachment 173486View attachment 173487View attachment 173488View attachment 173489View attachment 173490View attachment 173491View attachment 173492View attachment 173493View attachment 173494View attachment 173495View attachment 173496View attachment 173497View attachment 173498View attachment 173499View attachment 173500View attachment 173501
From my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum - Your model is looking very very good
And your project sounds very interesting - so it would be great, if you could start a building log (possible also from the actual status) and show your work Thumbsup Thumbsup

Just joined. I am still searching the site. I have done plastic models, mostly cars, since I was young. Have always envied the wood sailing models and want to do one. When ever I see a completed one I can’t help but stop and take a look at it and admired the workmanship. I have narrowed my choice to a clipper ship for the first build and will do a relatively easy one.
Hallo @Dross
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back