NewmemberRpope

I go by Bob and have built several wood ships through the years and also heavily into HO and LGB trains. I am retired and widowed . After a tour in the Marines with about a year aboard Navy ships I spent 33 years as a Cincinnati Fire Fighter attaining the rank of captain. My various hobbies are gardening trains ship building and wood carving fishing and canoeing I am just learning how to navigate this web site. I relied on it heavily as I built the Endurance and decide to become a member and I thank you

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum
Looking at your Endurance model I hope to see your Essex in a building log

Welcome aboard. You have a good model maker skills.
Yes we can help you build the Endurance or anything else you could think of.

1359765C-B4FC-4830-BC2C-1E6D5A92B232.jpeg

Thank you for this we site I have used it for my Endurance build which is nearing completion, soon to start on the EssexView attachment 358182
Welcome,
Which Endurance kit is this? Im looking at this ship for a project next winter. Something about her (above and beyond the story). It really is a beautiful ship in my eyes. Any big difficulties in her construction? Im graduating from the Shipways three boat series, have a few projects planned but eventually am looking at this ship as my model building goal.

I have the Endurance from OcCre and am very satisfied with it. It has been my winter project and l am almost done. The instructions come in several languages but are pretty comprehensive. I also found step by step videos on this web site under Uwek enter STGCS in search and it is on YouTube and was really helpful. I am trying to forward you the link but I am new to the site and having some issues, but I will keep trying. The one thing I didn’t like is the posts for the hand rails because they had to be cut out of a flat ,thin sheet of metal so essentially you’re putting the flat posts in a round hole, and there were no extras for the ones that I messed up. I think the eyelets for the blocks would have been a better fit ,they are round with loops. Any other problems I had were attributed to my neglecting to reading the plans in their entirety before I started. I give it a good grade in both quality of materials and instructions and have had a good time building it and have the Essex fro OcCre next in line. Hope this helps and good luck , let me know how you’re doing with it and if I can help 150C9B2F-004B-4BEA-9F48-178ED365F421.jpeg

Back