Nina - Heller 1:75

Greetings captains.
While I rest from my long build of Black Pearl (which I'll post later) I decided to "quick" build this little ship. I saw a couple of great builds here of the wooden version and have some ideas about what I want to get in the result. It's interesting that Artesania Latina has a very similar design to the Heller. So I found plans and instructions for it. So here we go, a quick unboxing and first impression.
That's all we have, not many details, no threads, quality is pretty bad, a lot of "extra" plastic to clean. And it means that it won't be a quick build ))

IMG_6050 Medium.jpegIMG_6051 Medium.jpegIMG_6052 Medium.jpegIMG_6053 Medium.jpegIMG_6054 Medium.jpegIMG_6055 Medium.jpegIMG_6056 Medium.jpegIMG_6057 Medium.jpegIMG_6058 Medium.jpeg

Here you can see what I mean. And the first question about this hole near the nose, there is no mention of it in instruction and no on AL version. Is it possible that it's for an anchor or just hide them?
IMG_6059 Medium.jpeg

frist of all a warm welcome here on board of our forum
Wish you a lot of fun with this kit - hope to see soem updates during the project

Added a couple of details: gratings, "horizontal capstan", I don't know the correct term, and holes for the anchor rope. The further the worse. Feels like some details are from different sets, there are no pins to connect, and the fit is horrible.
IMG_6076 Medium.jpegIMG_6077 Medium.jpeg

Really interesting, as it's a quite rare model. Do you have a building log? I'm curious what's your experience with it. Because I can say that it's the worst quality kit I ever had (
No I dont know how to do the long things. I am really model poor. I have truthfully more than I will build in my life time. Starting with plastic ships, planes, tanks, and wooden ships. I just got in my 200 scale Arizona and am still waiting on the add on kit to get here. I put this little Heller kit back in the box the day after I opened and looked at her. There is really nothing to her. I was thinking about doing a stormy sea scene with her once I learned how to do the water. I just had to order me a new compressor for my paint guns.

No I dont know how to do the long things. I am really model poor. I have truthfully more than I will build in my life time. Starting with plastic ships, planes, tanks, and wooden ships. I just got in my 200 scale Arizona and am still waiting on the add on kit to get here. I put this little Heller kit back in the box the day after I opened and looked at her. There is really nothing to her. I was thinking about doing a stormy sea scene with her once I learned how to do the water. I just had to order me a new compressor for my paint guns.
Wow, that's a great idea to make a sea diorama. But I haven't tried this technique yet.

I have not done one either but I have been watching every video about making them. I have to do something different with them to make them stand out. I have a pile of completed models in the attic in the shed. Let me know what you do with yours. Take care

I decided to postpone this project, as it requires a lot of effort and no good result. And I have a couple of other models that are less challenging and more interesting. Probably I'll come back somewhen

Greetings captains.
While I rest from my long build of Black Pearl (which I'll post later) I decided to "quick" build this little ship. I saw a couple of great builds here of the wooden version and have some ideas about what I want to get in the result. It's interesting that Artesania Latina has a very similar design to the Heller. So I found plans and instructions for it. So here we go, a quick unboxing and first impression.
That's all we have, not many details, no threads, quality is pretty bad, a lot of "extra" plastic to clean. And it means that it won't be a quick build ))

Here you can see what I mean. And the first question about this hole near the nose, there is no mention of it in instruction and no on AL version. Is it possible that it's for an anchor or just hide them?
Hallo @Tararasik
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back