Not down, just an sort of epiphany.

As I have been working, and doing this hobby I noticed I was reading a bit about ships. Not the war ships, but more about merchant ships, yachts, and such. Indeed, maybe because I served on warships, or that I am not a fan of gun ports and painting everything; but, I found myself not enjoying building. I just didn’t want to paint, fit, glue, touch up. I would skip to rigging as I enjoy that. I just didn’t want to get back to the model as a whole, it just looked unappealing for lack of a better word. The it hit me (epiphany, my $5 word of the day) in that my attraction back to the hobby was Underhills descriptions of the Leon, and the beauty of barques, brigs, brigantine, schooners, and so on. Not warships, I think I just did warships because that was what was widely available.

So, I had a talk with the admiral and put the Hermione on a storage shelf and returned to the Bluenose. I have been at it for a bit, just not updating the digital log (I am the kinda person that writes notes on my drawings and a notebook). I will update here in a few days. I am installing frames. With all that said, It is quite a joy to use my tools again, albeit since it is POF I have to be a bit more careful and there have been a few redos.

Beyond that, I have already decided on my future builds, no warships. I am originally from the Pacific Northwest, so a ship from there and gotta do a few French builds as well. I have been looking at some drawings, paintings, and pictures and really enjoy reading Underhill over and over again. No more kits either, I think that was a bit tired of kits as well...

I can fully understand you

sorry, but I want to show you one kit from @MarisStella more, maybe it is interesting for you - I am sure, it is interesting

BARQUE 'STEFANO' in 1:63 from MarisStella​

3005.jpg

9933.jpg

A beautiful ship (and kit)

Back