Not exactly build log [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello
Long time, no see. Have been struggling with the repetitive task of making only 8 cannons. ( I think I have PTSD after Victory ). I partially made one to figure out the best building sequence. And here it isROTF

View attachment 243064View attachment 243065View attachment 243066

View attachment 243067View attachment 243068
And first cannon on the deck :
View attachment 243069
And all of them :
View attachment 243070
they went together without any problems. The small issue was minimal visible seems lines on the barrels so need to be polished. which of curse destroys the beautiful blackening done by Korabel.
And the other one: I have to replace the thread because the one in the kit is so shiny you can use it as jewellery. I replaced it with Amati one. I'm not in making my own lines yet. Btw are those who make their own are making all of them? Even the smallest diameters (those with my cannons are 0.5mm). Or just the bigger for standing/running rigging?

Stay safe, keep modelling

Hi
I just dryfit my Avos on a "designers" base, and I couldn't resist showing it to you. For me already looks fantastic.
It is Master Korabel kit and I think that manufacturer should be introductory to wooden model shipbuilding
Hallo @Dragdonius
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hello Fellow Modelers
I think I get to the stage that I can call she is finished. Yes, she will need some touchups, and hang the line here and there. And the dinghy :). But for now, I'm done with her :).
View attachment 298577View attachment 298578View attachment 298579
View attachment 298580View attachment 298581View attachment 298582
View attachment 298583View attachment 298584View attachment 298585
View attachment 298586View attachment 298587View attachment 298588
Beautiful work a credit to your skills just love the way you made your sails look like they are filled with the wind,
Best regards John,

Congratulations also from my side - well done !!!

Back