Not on topic for ships, but Important

Today there was another Shooting in the work place here in Maryland this time at a Rite Aid Dist. center. I am pretty lucky as I was scheduled to go into that Rite Aid this morning to work on equipment, but my dispatcher had me run a couple emergency calls instead. I don't have all the details on the shooting, but people lost lives there today. This is a reminder to folks to make sure you tell loved ones you love them DAILY.
You never know if its your last day or the last day for them on this planet. I am a Pro Gun person I own many of them for collection, Personal and home protection, Shooting range time and hunting, But this is getting to be ridiculous and its a black eye to every responsible gun owner in this country. This is a recurring nightmare for people in the work place all over the nation. I was lucky today to not be there, but I cant help feeling sad for those who were, some of the folks at that center I know from going there a lot to work on equipment. 7 total people shot 3 deceased and the rest in critical cond. the shooter was a woman so you have to be wary of everyone these days. So my message today is don't take for granted the that your loved ones know you love them Tell them so every day. keep your head on a swivel trust that no one you meet has the best intensions. Marine Corp. General James N. Mattis Quote "Be Polite, Be Professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet" applies to today society we live in. Its a sad way to have to live, but this is the world we live in today.

I'm not a gun person. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. 40 years in Victoria Police I will say the world has lost respect for everything. Today's Generation is about Me not US. We never had to pull weapons, Bad Guys - Good Guys, it was a game of chance, but respect on all sides. NOT Now. Changes in law, courts don t discipline your child, have this have that, its OK, be PC , has brought about a society where no one care, considers or respects anyone or anything else.

Unfortunately items that can do bodily hard are more readily available and accessible, and consequences are no longer considered. We are lucky that they are not so much here in Australia, BUT its changing. We use house hold implements.

Yep its sad, but don let that that stop you doing what you always did. NOT is worse. Shit happens all the time. and if we worried about it constantly they we would never enjoy ourselves. Its a bit like Terrorism, once the fear factor is there they win. We can always be in the wrong place at the wrong time, but that's not always predictable. Get one with life, enjoy it to the fullest and if ends short , fate or stupidity has stepped in.

I agree Brother Much of the gun violence is perpetrated by todays Youth so we don't have a gun problem we have a parenting problem. They have zero self respect so its impossible to respect others. My parents were so strict with me that even when I was of age to do what I wanted I was still coming in the house at the old usual 9PM. Parents today just don't do much parenting anymore, kids run wild unchecked they all expect a Trophy for participation there are no winners or losers anymore no drive to succeed just muddle through life and reap the rewards they are expecting. Don't give it to them they will take it by whatever force is needed. I have literally seen kids curse parents out and even punch them. I would Break my foot off in some ass if my kids even entertained the notion.

Back in my time when we had a problem with someone we fought it out with Fists shook hands after the fight and were friends again but with a new respect for the opponent. Today they go grab a gun because those same trophy for everything expecting kids are Cowards. My wife called me a half hour after hearing about the shooting because I told her last night I was scheduled to work there today. I travel all over the State for work and I like to let here know where I'll be, Its a habit from telling my parents where I was going who I'd be with and for how long. She was worried to death she knows I can take care of myself, but she also knows I runt towards gun fire not from it, its also a habit from my years of service in the Marine Corp. same as you being a Police Officer, We move towards danger if for nothing else to help the wounded. She doesn't understand I have the training to do things like that in a safe manor.

She worries about everything since 911 and I tell her its ok to worry, but its not ok to be so worried that you avoid life. Your absolutely right about the terrorism they win when folks fear going about there normal lives. I see things in a different way in that if I go to work and end up shot by someone well that's my destiny the way I was supposed to leave this earth. I do however look at everyone carefully Just like you did as a police officer I have trainings to gives indicators if someone is carrying a firearm I look for those signs. I watch body language and I listen to multiple conversations around me especially those who are trying to use a lower then normal volume in the voice. When I'm out I evaluate what I might need to do or obstacles I may need to get through to get to someone fast or away fast. I cant get that training out of system its second nature to me as I'm sure it is to you as well.

Back