Nuestra Señora de la Santísima Trinidad

Navío de primera línea Nuestra Señora de la Santísima Trinidad

Hello everyone;)
I have decided to show the progress of this OcCre kit. It is a ship already known by all of you and there are already very good works in this forum. Therefore, it will not be a strict step-by-step process, but rather it will show progress and improvements that it can contribute.

DSC_0541.JPG

DSC_0547.JPG

DSC_0550.JPG

DSC_0546.JPG

DSC_0543.JPG

According to OcCre the ST had gratings on the poop but that location makes no sense, below were the officers' quarters, the chapel and the captain's quarters. I thought of putting a skylight like the Victory but it is documented that no Spanish ship carried it. What I will place are the cabinets for the signal flags.

DSC_0557.JPG

DSC_0560.JPG

DSC_0564.JPG

DSC_0561.JPG

Hello everyone! These photos are from today. lining the dead work that will be painted with red and black stripes as described in the battle of Trafalgar. Although in the live work it probably had copper plates, I will paint it a dirty white.

It is possible that some terms are not translated correctly :rolleyes:

Regards;)

DSC_0566.JPG

DSC_0567.JPG

DSC_0568.JPG

piano piano si va lontano ;)

The boards of the forward bulkhead where the bowsprit starts, in the kit come vertically, when they should go horizontally.
I have penciled where the doors go, but the size and shape are not yet final.
DSC_0587.JPG

DSC_0588.JPG

DSC_0589.JPG

DSC_0590.JPG

Last edited:
Very nice work on your ST. I agree the hull is not an easy planking task. It seems as though you have it well under control. I know the version of the kit I had did not include the copper plates. Do you plan on finishing the hull in copper or wood? If wood, could I suggest it be mapped with battens, bands and map out the runs. It is so much easier to take little bites and manage those, rather than look at the entire hull as a single task of work. It can be overwhelming. Well it affected me that way. ROTF

Great job Lorenzo!

Cheers,
Ken

Very nice work on your ST. I agree the hull is not an easy planking task. It seems as though you have it well under control. I know the version of the kit I had did not include the copper plates. Do you plan on finishing the hull in copper or wood? If wood, could I suggest it be mapped with battens, bands and map out the runs. It is so much easier to take little bites and manage those, rather than look at the entire hull as a single task of work. It can be overwhelming. Well it affected me that way. ROTF

Great job Lorenzo!

Cheers,
Ken

Hi Ken. I will paint the hull of the ship in a dirty white. Above the waterline as described at the Battle of Trafalgar, with red and black stripes. I would surely go with the copper plates but my son wants the hull in white.

Cheers

According to the kit instructions, you have to make an infinite number of wedges to finish closing the hull. I do not like this method and I have tried to adjust the tables as I have seen in higher quality works.

Cheers

View attachment 318097

View attachment 318098

View attachment 318100
Good morning Lorenzo. Lovely. I see you have some other models around your work shop and desk - you know what you are doing. I love the time capsule with some personal effects. That is such a cool idea. Planking is great. Cheers Grant

Is it correct to name the submerged part of the hull and the part that is not, live work and dead work?
If not, how is it in English?
And the reinforcement tables that go between the lines of cannons?

Cheers

Last edited:
Back