Nuestra Sonora De Las Mercedes

first model kit I’ve ever built, and I’m still in the process. Has anyone ever heard of this model kit, or built it? I’ve had hell of a time trying to find someone that’s built this fine vessel.
For the first-time builder, you are doing a great job! Nevertheless, no need to struggle. We suggest you start a build log, while they might not build a specific model like yours, there should be many ships on this class under different names similar in construction. Don't wait, start the build log and ask questions. The good thing, it doesn't have to be from the beginning, you can start from the current stage, thought. :cool:

I built the OcCre Nuostra Senora De Las Mercedes as my second build.
I didn't keep a build log. I was fairly unimaginative and built it just as it says on the tin.
It seemed fairly strightforward though I think I found the cleats a bit difficult to secure.
Some of the detail around the beakhead was a bit fiddly. The OcCre instructions and illustrations were very good
for the building and fitting out of the hull but occasionally lacking a particular detail of the rigging that I wanted.
I wimped out of adding the sails.

014.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey that looks really good! How did u make out with all the rigging? The instructions don’t really go into too much detail on it and I’m kinda just eye balling it and winging it. The only part that’s a little more straightforward is the shrouds and ratlines.

This is my first model kit I’ve ever built, and I’m still in the process. Has anyone ever heard of this model kit, or built it? I’ve had hell of a time trying to find someone that’s built this fine vessel.
Hallo @Crookedmast#20
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back