Occre Albatross

Just finished foremast and wondering if I should do the rigging non or wait till main mast is also completed. I think that by waiting, I Will have more room to dry fit and correct any mistakes made on main mast

Just finished foremast and wondering if I should do the rigging non or wait till main mast is also completed. I think that by waiting, I Will have more room to dry fit and correct any mistakes made on main mast
which type of boat, the ship is it, how many masts- 1 to 3, and which types of sails does it has. without these dates, I cannot help you, sorry
ps: over 50 years of experience

It is a builders choice, but many I have seen do all the mast work before any rigging starts to make sure you can remove and adjust anything with masts before rigging.

It's the Albatross. A pretty 8 Guns schooner.
Thanks for reply

20230515_100015.jpg

It is a builders choice, but many I have seen do all the mast work before any rigging starts to make sure you can remove and adjust anything with masts before rigging.
each has his way of doing it. I generally did starts as early as possible mainly for staysail, as you will have to insert metal rings (open and close) between the sails themselves and the stay. Doing this on a rigged mast makes it much more difficult and can even make a disaster. again here depend on the builder, of how detailed he/she wants to make the sails. mostly the bolt lines are missing and reinforcement- sorry

07-STAYSAILS.jpg

11-sqursail-detallado.jpg

8-squarsail-PUÑOS DE GRATIL Y ESCOTE.jpg

10-squarsaiil- brazas y puños.jpg

Back