Occre model kits

Hi. I am hoping someone can tell me how good the model kits are from Occre and any drawbacks about them. I am very interested in the San Idefonso and the Montanes. Any input will be very helpful
Thanks.
Dave

The two kits I have gotten from them are both of good quality and instructions.

Customer support is good as well, they replaced a missing strip of 4 x 4 walnut I was missing free of charge.

I've had 2 kits, Polaris and ulises. They were 99% perfect and the problem parts were re-ordered off their website. They arrived by post from Spain about 2 weeks later. So I'm a big fan of the brand

I have had several kits and they have always been excellent, and their customer service is also first class.

Hi David
I have build the San Ildefonso
The Montanes is the same ship, little change of painting or details
Good kit for expert

Marco

Hi. I am hoping someone can tell me how good the model kits are from Occre and any drawbacks about them. I am very interested in the San Idefonso and the Montanes. Any input will be very helpful
Thanks.
Dave
Hi David,

I am building the Endeavour from OcCre and can only echo other peoples opinions. Quality of the materials is good, instructions with photos equally good, until you get to the rigging. The instructions could be more detailed. Maybe you can get a book on your model from the Anatomy of the Ship series to aid your build.
OcCre responded very friendly and quickly to my requests for the supply of missing parts. I am not using the thread from the kit, as I have opted to use black rope for the standing rigging, not brown, as supplied and polyester for the running rigging.

Trevor.

This is just my opinion from my experience with Occre and Corel. For new or mid-level builders Occre kits are the best value overall. Instructions are excellent with color pictures guiding the way ( 9 on a 1-10 scale). I have not had a problem with the materials, they were very good. Customer service is absolutely first class. I lost a few Eye bolts and some deadeyes. I requested replacements and I received them in about 3 weeks (from Spain to New Jersey, USA) no charge. I also purchased a Corel Prins Willem at a sale price. Big mistake. I would stay away from Corel unless you are a very experienced modeler. Materials are excellent but the instructions on a scale of 1-10- are 1 (Terrible).

Yo estoy montando el Revenge. Las instrucciones y los materiales están bastante bien. El servicio post venta súper bien. Me mandaron unas piezas que vinieron en otro material del que indicaba las instrucciones, sin coste alguno

i have seen a few build logs of the Occre Santisima Trinidad and have a question on the gun port lids. some of the build logs have metal lids and others have wood. does anyone know if the kit still comes with metal lids or do you make the wooden ones yourself. i am not a big fan of metal gun port lids>

I have the ST cross section kit, and it comes with metal port frames and metal lids for the lower guns that need them.

I don't think the top deck guns had lids, as there was no where to pull them up to that didn't block vision from those on deck.

i have seen a few build logs of the Occre Santisima Trinidad and have a question on the gun port lids. some of the build logs have metal lids and others have wood. does anyone know if the kit still comes with metal lids or do you make the wooden ones yourself. i am not a big fan of metal gun port lids>
I have recently bought the ST kit, and yes it does have metal parts, which, when I get there , I'll replace with wood. I'm building Mantua's 'Le Superbe' which also came with metal port frames & lids, which I have replaced with wood.

Thanks.
Dave
I email occra for parts this person Xavier never got back to me few times DONT BUY from them

..then obviously something went wrong; I emailed Xavier 2 times, both about missing parts. Both times he responded within a few hours (the first time even on a sunday evening!) and was extremely helpful ordering the parts on their website. Parts came within 2 weeks from Spain to Sweden free of charge.
I definitely recommend buying from them (as everyone else in this thread)!

Further to my previous post;
the second time I contacted Occre wasn't actually about missing parts.
The kit Cala Esmeralda which I bought in Sweden, came with plastic blocks and deadeyes, which I did not like very much..
Xavier immediately offered to send a complete set of wooden parts, free of charge.
Outstanding service!

In my case, OcCre is of good quality. The instructions are somewhat difficult to understand, but just thinking a little will solve your problem. As for transportation, my only online order took one day, I´m living in Spain. I have a couple of physical stores here as a reference and I prefer personal treatment (person to person).

I received the following message from their advertising service:

<<EXCITING NEWS FOR OCCRE AND FOR MODELING LOVERS!
We feel honored and grateful for the invitation of the director of the National Museum of the Royal Navy who recognized our prestigious model of the HMS Victory
In response to this honor, we gave unit 000/999 of the limited and worldwide only version to the museum.
It can now be visited in the museum, along with the original HMS Victory, in Portsmouth.>>HMS Victory b.pngHMS Victory.png

Last edited:
In my case, OcCre is of good quality. The instructions are somewhat difficult to understand, but just thinking a little will solve your problem. As for transportation, my only online order took one day, I´m living in Spain. I have a couple of physical stores here as a reference and I prefer personal treatment (person to person).

I received the following message from their advertising service:

<<EXCITING NEWS FOR OCCRE AND FOR MODELING LOVERS!
We feel honored and grateful for the invitation of the director of the National Museum of the Royal Navy who recognized our prestigious model of the HMS Victory
In response to this honor, we gave unit 000/999 of the limited and worldwide only version to the museum.
It can now be visited in the museum, along with the original HMS Victory, in Portsmouth.>>View attachment 433217View attachment 433218
im glad things work out for you but this person not helping and a bit of a wise person. Ill take care of this ,there lost 4 people already.and more

Hi Dave

I have built two kits from Occr, The Endeavor and Dos Amigos. Both kits had great plans and materials and I would recommend them even to first time builders.

Hi Dave

I have built two kits from Occr, The Endeavor and Dos Amigos. Both kits had great plans and materials and I would recommend them even to first time builders.
well im very happy for you, how would you feel if some didn't get back to you over 2 weeks

well im very happy for you, how would you feel if some didn't get back to you over 2 weeks
Maybe your mails went into the spam filter or never arrived
I would try once more and write a friendly e-mail where you describe your problem ....... a new day with new luck

Back