OcCre Santisima Trinidad Build Log (Completed w/pics)

Uwek

Admin
Staff member
Administrative
Blandford Group Build

A realy impressive model of an impressive ship. Great rigging work, very realistic, f.e. Especially with showing the sails stored. It is looking very good.
@ corasgate: handling such a big model as your first try in shipmodelling sounds very enthusiastic.....crossing the fingers that it is working,,,,,,BTW: a warm welcome to our forum

Pat71

Great work! I am painting the Stern now but it is different then yours. Mine is flat brass and yours has 3d look. Same kit from occre

Canoe21

Lawrence
Blandford Group Build

Hello Donnie
I do congratulate you on a job well done, your rigging and sails sure do look great. You must be very proud to have built such a wonderful ship, WELL DONE, ENJOY.

Regards Lawrence

Beeky

Re: OcCre Santisima Trinidad Build Log

<r>RIGGING THE LANYARDS Video. Watch here ! <br/>
<YOUTUBE content="PrImPdbLRAw"><s>[youtube]</s>PrImPdbLRAw<e>[/youtube]</e></YOUTUBE></r>
Sorry to be a simpleton but I am building the Occre Santisima Trinidad section and I have been trying to see how the rigging was done. I see you have posted a YouTube video of the rigging on your model but I don't know how to access it. Any hints please.

Chris Sayers

Re: OcCre Santisima Trinidad Build Log

I think I might have found a combination that looks ok to me. I am using an Oil Pastel by Prang Sketcho "Oil Pastel Crayons" This is the dark brown color applied to only one side of the Planks. Then I put a small amount of Satin Polyurethane.

Hi Donnie, yes I used some Conte hard Pastel for the same effect, it worked quite well, only thing was using pencil still gibes a slightly thinner line for the false caulking, not an easy call to make I think.

Norway

Congratulations Donnie with a model you can be very proud of, thank you for sharing this built with us in a very informative log.

Beeky

Dear Donnie
Many thanks for your help. I am afraid my modelling skills are nowhere near your standard but your help is in valuable.

donfarr

Blandford Group Build

Hi Donnie, WOW WHAT A SUPER MODEL THIS IS. you are a master at RIGGING somthing I hate to do for many reasons.l Don