Ocean liner lover from Maine

I remember watching the "Queen Elizabeth" stroll out of NY Harbor, watching from atop the Empire State Building with my father. Years later, I passed under the bow of the "Raffaello" while refitted for one of her final voyages. My most vivid memory harkens back to July 26, 1956, when sitting on my parents bedside, I listened to the live "Andrea Doria" coverage, as the liner fell to the Atlantic floor.
I have held recovered items from both the "Doria" and the "Titanic", yet never have traveled on a true liner. Born 20 years too late!

a warm welcome here on board of our forum.....
Ja Ja - sometimes we are too old, sometimes too young - but definitely the best age for modeling ;)

I remember watching the "Queen Elizabeth" stroll out of NY Harbor, watching from atop the Empire State Building with my father. Years later, I passed under the bow of the "Raffaello" while refitted for one of her final voyages. My most vivid memory harkens back to July 26, 1956, when sitting on my parents bedside, I listened to the live "Andrea Doria" coverage, as the liner fell to the Atlantic floor.
I have held recovered items from both the "Doria" and the "Titanic", yet never have traveled on a true liner. Born 20 years too late!
Hallo @PRR 5406
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back