Offering help, plans and some parts for anyone building La Couronne

What I like best about this forum is that members go out of their way to help other find missing parts or information. After 3 years of work on a heavily bashed La Couronne based on the Corel kit, there are some leftover original kit parts and a virgin set of plan (only unfolded twice) left to assist another builder in making that fine French man of war. Parts left over include all the fake gun barrels from the lower deck, a full set of stern lanterns, and the plans. Some of the solid wood side gallery tower pieces are also there and the pressed fiber window detail parts. If anyone is building La Couronne, feel free to contact me for information and advice as well as these parts. I have access to Vincenzo Lusci's Costruiamo Insieme Il Modello de La Couronne, Vascello Francesi del 1636, and Italian instruction on scratch building La Couronne. It offers a full and detailed rigging plan, allowing the builder to add sails and additional running rigging to the Corel model. I had to use google translate to read the Italian, so my research was slow, and I can answer questions for those who need help using this resource to improve their model.

I want to thank the members of this forum and those like EJ_L at Model Ship World for all their help in completing my first build.

The kit.
001 La Couronne by Corel.jpg

Bashed and improved model
1384 Completed Photo.jpg

Back