okumoto

has anyone tried to contact this producer, sent a message asking if these (POF) models come with a jig but have received no answer and it has been quite a while. Don

Wow. I just looked at their site. Their kits look absolutely amazing. For the price, I almost don't care if a jig is included or not. This sort of construction is not easily done without a jig, but you could no doubt produce one on your own with the plans, which look pretty good from the video.

I agree i love to do the hull works, but i do need a jig or a gantry, can not do one on my own due to age and physiucal problems so i do need a jig /gantry have been trying to find someone to do it for a price but no luck yet, AND IT HAS BEEN QUITE A LONG TIME WITH NO ANSWER FROM THEM DO NOY+T KNOW WHY. THANKS Don

BACK ON THIS CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO GET IN TOUCH WITH THIS COMPANY VERY INTERESTED IN THIS HAVE SENT THEM A MESSAGE QUITE SOME TIME AGO, BUT NO REPLY. THANKS Don

That is indeed disappointing. It appears as if it is may be a small operation, so this suggestion may be a longshot... perhaps try to locate someone who can write to them in Japanese.

Looking into this further, based on the review at https://modelshipworld.com/topic/18523-170-hannah -ship-model-okumoto/ two things are evident... 1. that no jig is included, and that 2. it appears that everything fits together in such a way that construction is easy enough without a jig. One thing to note is that it doesn't have cant frames, a departure from the original design, but definitely helps in construction. If it were me, I would go ahead and do this project, even considering that I am beginning to face the aging issues you hinted at. For me it would be just too tempting not to. Age and maturity, I am finding, are two different things.

Looking into this further, based on the review at https://modelshipworld.com/topic/18523-170-hannah -ship-model-okumoto/ two things are evident... 1. that no jig is included, and that 2. it appears that everything fits together in such a way that construction is easy enough without a jig. One thing to note is that it doesn't have cant frames, a departure from the original design, but definitely helps in construction. If it were me, I would go ahead and do this project, even considering that I am beginning to face the aging issues you hinted at. For me it would be just too tempting not to. Age and maturity, I am finding, are two different things.
I think these kits are small and small frames,maybe too small for Don to handle them??

Hi Zoly, you are so right if it was a scratch build I can not handel the small frames NO WAY, I am very concerned on the top timber of the Le Rochefort build but these are a kit i assume if i am not correct please let me know, if it is a kit i can handel them as my Le Fluron are very bsmall frames but placing them in a jig is fine as was my builds of the caustic and the halifax were small frames(LUMBERYARD), but if it is a specilal type construction i can do it but if the frames are scratch NO I CAN NOT, so if there is any information about that please let me know. Don

Back