Oliver Cromwell, POF ,Scale 1:48 by Lawrence [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello Ship Mates

Just a little update today as the Little fellows and I have been rather busy yesterday building the Upper and Lower Brest Hooks out of Cherry wood, we got our drawings from our TFFM book as our Oliver Cromwell plans did not have these. We also framed in the Lower Forward Platform. we did this in keeping with the Lower Aft Platform and will be continuing on with the Maple wood as we do want to try and keep things fairly even, ENJOY. Regards Lawrence

IMG_5337.JPGIMG_5338.JPG

Hi Lawrence! Once again, I marvel at your attention to detail. Great micro work.
Hello Jim
I thank you very much for your visits to my build log. Also for your very nice words and nice comments. Yes, I do like a lot of detail, I do try to make it look realistic, but some of my pictures make things look so large that even the littlest boo-boo looks very much worse than what it really is, some my old eyes fail to see until I do post them, ENJOY. Regards Lawrence

Sorry to come in so late ... Getting the popcorn out ...

Hello Wes
Welcome to my build log on the little ship the Oliver Cromwell. Please pull up a chair and join in on the fun of building this fun little ship. Please stop by very often as you will find that the door to the Old Ship Yard is never closed. Your word and comments are always welcome here, good or bad, ENJOY Regards Lawrence

You are not forgotten !.
Hello Norway
Is your name Knup or are you using it as a screen name, Just curious? Thanks for your visit to my build log. Have you heard any information on the Sponsorship program? These things do seem to be a bit slow at times, ENJOY.
Regards Lawrence

Lawrence if it's your first name, forgot to say I haven't heard anything from the sponsorship program yet, I think they'll want to see more of my work first.
Good luck with your project.

Lawrence if it's your first name, forgot to say I haven't heard anything from the sponsorship program yet, I think they'll want to see more of my work first.
Good luck with your project.
Hello Knut
Thanks for the reply. I would suggest that you just be a little patient, things have a way of slowly coming together in due time, ENJOY. Regards Lawrence

Talking about Oliver Cromwell figurehead... I just managed to send mine into the 4th dimension. As I transported the ship last time to take a few pictures it must have fallen off and despite intensive searches we could not locate it. I have a sneaking suspicion that my workshop assistant had something to do with this disappearanceas he has the habit to catch things which fall down onto the floor (socks, napkins and the like) and usually chews them a bit...
So I am in for a new figure head soon...
Janos
G'day Janos
There's anotherJanos in another dimension that has now 2 figure heads and he is scratching his head and thinking 'why did I do two?'.
This has happen to me in reverse. One day I was working and all of a sudden, there was a square lying on my bench that I have never seen before.
I bet my other Greg is searching every where for it now.

Hello Ship Mates

I thank you all very much for all of your visits to my build log. Also, for your very kind words and nice comments. Back in the Old Ship Yard the little fellows and I have built the three Forward Lower forward Platforms and planked them. We have also installed the previous built Upper and Lower Brest Hooks. Now we can begin to build the Bulkheads for this lower forward platform area, ENJOY. Regards Lawrence

IMG_5339.JPGIMG_5340.JPG

Hello,
Nice build.
Are you mostly using info from the "Swan Class" ships for the fittings below deck?
GK
Hello Gilles
Welcome to my build log on the little ship the Oliver Cromwell. Please do stop by very often, your words and comments are always welcome here. Please pull up a chair and join in on the fun of building this fine little ship. You will find that the door to Old Ship Yard is always open.
Yes, you are correct in that I am mostly using the Swan Class information mostly from my T.F.F.M. books that my admiral gave me the first two volumes for my Fathers Day gift last spring. Harold Hahn gave very little information in his set of plans below the Berth Deck. But since these ships are just about the same size and of the same time era it is possible to even take measurements from the Swam Class ship and apply it to my Oliver Cromwell, often with no adjustment needed.
Pubnico, N.S., very interesting as my Mother was born in East Pubnico and grew up there. My Admiral and I have visited this area many times over the years in search of information for my Family Tree, ENJOY.

Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates

I thank you all very much for all of your visits to my build log on the little ship the Oliver Cromwell. Also for your very kind words and nice comments. We are in a Blizzard up here in Sutton, Ontario today, not very nice outside at all. My garden shed in the back yard that is around 100' away disappears completely at times with the blowing snow. A great day to work a bit in the Old Ship Yard.

795407954179542Back in the Old Ship Yard the little fellows and I have completed the building of all of the bulkheads on the Lower Forward Platforms. In the Bow, areas are the Boatswain'sstore room on the port side and the Gunners storeroom on the starboard side. Next comes the Coal Hole and aft of this is the Block room on the port side and across from this on the starboard side is the Pitch and Tar room. This all means that the way is now open to cut and install the upper beams for the whole lower area. ENJOY. Regards Lawrence

Yes, you are correct in that I am mostly using the Swan Class information mostly from my T.F.F.M. books that my admiral gave me the first two volumes for my Fathers Day gift last spring. Harold Hahn gave very little information in his set of plans below the Berth Deck. But since these ships are just about the same size and of the same time era it is possible to even take measurements from the Swam Class ship and apply it to my Oliver Cromwell, often with no adjustment needed.
Pubnico, N.S., very interesting as my Mother was born in East Pubnico and grew up there. My Admiral and I have visited this area many times over the years in search of information for my Family Tree, ENJOY.

Regards Lawrence

Thank you for the reply.
Yes Pubnico (locally referred as Pubnico Head). I am sure your remember there are 7 Pubnicos: 3 on the east side of the bay, 3 on the west side and one in the middle at the top, which where I am.
Kindest regards.
GK

Sorry, another question. Are you planning on building bulkheads around the mainmast in the hold at the lower level to accommodate the pumps? The pumps are located behind the mast.
Thank you.
GK
Hello Gilles
Yes to your questions on the pumps housing or the Upper and Lower wells. These I have already built. If you go back in my log to post 273 you will see the lower Well and also the Shot Locker. Post 274 shows the upper well and Post 279 shows both the Upper and Lower wells together. These have not been installed as yet as I must fit and install the upper deck beams first to make the final fitting. This job I have started today at the bow area. But give it a few days and this you will see. Yes, I remember very well Pubnico Head, we had friends there Doris and Ken Peters, but have not heard from them now for a few years. Do hope that they are both OK as they were such nice people, should look them up. ENJOY.

Regards Lawrence

Back