Oliver Cromwell, POF ,Scale 1:48 by Lawrence [COMPLETED BUILD]

G'day Lawrence, quite the Cabinet maker aren't you, sure looks comfy, I'd sleep in it if I could lose a bit of weight and shrink down,

best regards john
Hello John, I thank you for your very kind words and nice comments. As far as I can figure out this Great Room deck was never finished by the Americans. How ever after her capture by the British she was fitted out very much like one of the Swan Class ships and I do find my self leaning that way, right or wrong it's just another way for me to add a bit of detail.
Yes you are correct on Nelsons cot bed, I do have a few pictures of it on my PC that I collected when I was building the HMS Victory some years ago.
Regards Lawrence

IMG_5572.JPGIMG_5573.JPGIMG_5574.JPGIMG_5575.JPGHello Ship Mates

Today the little fellows and I built the Chart table to go in the Chart Room or [steerage] complete with 6 dummy drawers for chart storage and with a chart on the table of the North Atlantic. We also did the last 2 Cut-outs the first to view the inter Focal and the second for the Great Room and also the Chart Room.

Regards Lawrence

It is a joy to watch your build, Lawrence!
Hello Jim, I thank you very much for your very kind words. Yes this is the fun part, adding a bit of detail, probly not at all authentic, but I do not like to have a lot of empty space, this is the way that I believe the this is some what the way the ship looked after her capture by the British.
Regards Lawrence

Beautiful work again Lawrence. Love the incredible detailing, those little fellows do a great job and good to see your hobby is helping you to bring some relief.
Hello Maarten, I thank you for your kind words and nice comments. Yes we do like a bit of detail, it is fun to build and also fills up some of the empty space that I do not like.
Regards Lawrence

Back