Oliver Cromwell, POF ,Scale 1:48 by Lawrence [COMPLETED BUILD]

Lawrence, good progress, nice result with the Railing, how did you make the arch, hot water / steam, or were they cut out of a material.
I also have microshapers from artesania, I used it on the door frame in my Blandford, exciting to see how long they last.
Regards-
Hello Knut, I cut the rails out of stock material, tried to bend it but soon gave up on that idea, so resorted to my trusty old scroll saw. I think the profile scrapers should last a long time, but they are a bit delicate and I used many passes to cut the rails.
Regards Lawrence

IMG_5677.JPGIMG_5678.JPG Hello Ship Mates
Looked outside this AM and the sky was a blood red, just fantastic, reached for my camera and headed to the out side deck door, started the camera and all of a sudden, we lost almost ½ of the colour, we took the picture just the same.
The little fellows and I decided to start work on the two stern Badges, cut out our sills and tried to fit them, no way. It then was determined that the Stern Bulkhead had to be built first. We found this quite tricky, but I do believe that we got it, at least we hope so.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Lawrence, the morning view fro your window is just great, and BTW, the view on your stern - very attractive even though it is not finished yet!
Hello Jim, Yes the sun rise was very colourful today, only wish that I could have been there a minute earlier but I did manage to capture quite a bit of it.
So far the stern Gallery windows do look quite promising, but we will not be sure for a day or so yet. I thank you for your very kind words and nice comments.
Regards Lawrence

Hi Lawrence, I woke up early, fetched two cups of tea, one for she who must be obeyed and settled back into bed to explore with the IPad your amazing work on Oliver Cromwell, I am in awe of your obvious skill and also the depth of your obsession. The very patient work that you have put in for so many hours must give you great satisfaction whilst watching the project slowly grow, I looked at one of your photo's where all of the frames were assembled and the whole subtle form of the hull could be seen and thought that this is not just boat building, this is art, this is a very fine piece of sculpture that you have built and I am richer for having seen it.
Thank you.
Tony

Hi Lawrence, I woke up early, fetched two cups of tea, one for she who must be obeyed and settled back into bed to explore with the IPad your amazing work on Oliver Cromwell, I am in awe of your obvious skill and also the depth of your obsession. The very patient work that you have put in for so many hours must give you great satisfaction whilst watching the project slowly grow, I looked at one of your photo's where all of the frames were assembled and the whole subtle form of the hull could be seen and thought that this is not just boat building, this is art, this is a very fine piece of sculpture that you have built and I am richer for having seen it.
Thank you.
Tony
Hello Tony W, Welcome to my build log on the little ship the Oliver Cromwell, please pull up a chair and join in the fun of building this fine little ship. I thank you very much for your very kind words and overly nice comments, these I do appreciate very much. Still heeds a bit of clean up on the Stern outside Gallery, my pictures do make the smallest boo-boo look huge but that is do there big size. Please stop by often, the door to the Old Ship Yard is always open.
Regards Lawrence

IMG_5680.JPGIMG_5681.JPGHello Ship Mates
Golly I must be getting old very fast these days as it took me a couple of days to figure out my build plans of just how to build the Badges on each side of the Great Room. For some strange reason I could not get it into my head of just how to approach this item. Harold Hahn makes it all sound so simple and did not go in to much detail, but then again, he was a Master Ship Builder.
The little fellows and I have built and added the two lower Stools for these two Badges. Now we must do the same for the two uppers. Not afraid of the windows and their Styles.
Regards Lawrence

IMG_5683.JPGIMG_5682.JPG Hello Ship Mates
Work continues on the two stern Gallery Badges. Yesterday the little fellows and I installed the upper stools and also the first styles. Looks like this afternoon we will be abler to begin building the windows.
Got a pleasant surprise this AM when I looked out of the Old Ship Yard window as we had 3 Mallard Ducks in our back yard, 2 Drakes and also 1 hen. In all of the years of living here this is a first.
Regards Lawrence

And here I thought that you built a couple of "duck boats" - lolol. Very nice work on the ship, by the way.
Hello Jim J, Welcome to my build log on the little ship the Oliver Cromwell. Please stop by often and enjoy the building of this fine little ship, as you will find that the door to the Old Ship Yard is never closed.
I thank you very much for your very kind words and comments, No Duck Boat, just to old for that sort of thing now. But I did I did enjoy seeing these 3 in the back yard today.
Regards Lawrence

Back