Oliver Cromwell, POF ,Scale 1:48 by Lawrence [COMPLETED BUILD]

Maybe the ducks were looking for your open door to come in and warm up...
Hello Kkonrath, They would be welcome in the Old Ship Yard for sure. But one male flew out and back to the river and the remaining pair waddled up in back of my shed and disappeared. However they were a nice sight to cheer up our day.
Regards Lawrence

View attachment 141474View attachment 141475 Hello Ship Mates
Work continues on the two stern Gallery Badges. Yesterday the little fellows and I installed the upper stools and also the first styles. Looks like this afternoon we will be abler to begin building the windows.
Got a pleasant surprise this AM when I looked out of the Old Ship Yard window as we had 3 Mallard Ducks in our back yard, 2 Drakes and also 1 hen. In all of the years of living here this is a first.
Regards Lawrence
I love your ducks and want add a sleepy Koala just off my deck... now just waiting for someone to raise us with a python!A79D905A-3943-4061-A0D9-E0074BFF9E8E.jpegA79D905A-3943-4061-A0D9-E0074BFF9E8E.jpeg

I love your ducks and want add a sleepy Koala just off my deck... now just waiting for someone to raise us with a python!View attachment 141528View attachment 141528
Hello Tony W. Great picture, it is nice to see that the wild life to help us get trough these very bad Virus times. I should have used my tripod on the ducks. That much telephoto zoom is hard to hold the camera steady, yours is much better.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates
Work on the Oliver Cromwell continues, Yesterday we built the 3 windows for the Port Side Galley Badge. This Am we glassed them with plastic, real glass at this scale would be quite a task but doable that is for sure. We then installed them and now turn our attension to those on the Starboard side.
Regards LawrenceIMG_5687.JPG

Hello Ship Mates
Well the little fellows and I have finally got those 3 windows in the starboard IMG_5688.JPGIMG_5689.JPGIMG_5690.JPGGallery Badges finishes, this side gave me a lot more trouble for some unknown reason. But we did get them installed. Now we want to build the center cap that forms the lower roof of these Gallery Badges.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mastes
We went to start work on the 24 rail stanchions around the Quarter Deck and discovered that we did not have a taper Miter Gage attachment for our Byrnes Table Saw. Had it been only a few would of shaped them be hand but 24 was just to many to do this way so we went to work and built our own and it works just fine.
We cut and installed the 6 stanchions that run along the aft side of the Quarter Deck and readjusted the ships rudder.

Regards LawrenceIMG_5693.JPGIMG_5694.JPGIMG_5695.JPG

Last edited:
Lawrence, good work, do you have a few pictures of how this tool works with the saw, excited-
Hello Knut, Thanks for your very kind words, I very much appreciate them. The taper attachment is very simple. To use I place one side up against the saws fence, adjust the angle to a bit shy of what is needed. Place your wood to be tapered up against the dog on the end of the taper jig, slide the jig up against the saw fence up to the outer edge of the saw blade just touches the wood. Lock the saw fence, back up the jig and wood to be tapered. Holding the wood to be tapered up against the jig and the lower dog. Start the saw, slide the wood and jig up against the fence and push trough the saw. Holding the wood in place with a scrap piece of wood to save your fingers with these little pieces. Check your angle and readjust. Once set you can cut as many pices as you wish.
Regards LawrenceIMG_5697.JPG

Hello Ship Mates
Yesterday the little fellows and I laid out and marked the planking on the Quarter Deck. We then added the false tree nails. Golly there are a lot of them and today my fingers are still sore from using my Scriver to indent the deck wood, we then highlighted them with a trill of out led pencil. Today we completed the inter bulkheads on the Quarter Deck and also on the Main Deck and continued to clean them up. Seams to bring a little life into the Oliver Cromwell.
Regards LawrenceIMG_5698.JPGIMG_5699.JPG

Back