Oliver Cromwell, POF ,Scale 1:48 by Lawrence [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello Ed, I thank you very much for your visit to my build log and also for your very kind words and comments. Yes I am starting to feel like living again, cut the grass yesterday the first time in 6 weeks, my Admiral hired a gardener to do so , and it was even enjoyable driving my garden tractor around, did a little work in the Old Ship Yard again, sure have misted that. Will have to start preparing for our fall vacation on the 29 of Aug. for two weeks up at the Byers Lodge on the French River to help my recouvery along. May even find a bit of time to work in my Old Ship Yard.
Regards Lawrence
You are definitely very creative with your adaptation of oar locks into hinges. That would have never have come to my mind. Look out or with all of the working parts your build may just sail off on its own some dark stormy night. PT-2

Dear Lawrence
It's looks really excellent
glad you are on the road to recovering,
Wish you enjoyed your vacation at the Lauder Byers House

You are definitely very creative with your adaptation of oar locks into hinges. That would have never have come to my mind. Look out or with all of the working parts your build may just sail off on its own some dark stormy night. PT-2
Hello PT-2, When you say You are definitely very creative with your adaptation of oar locks into hinges. I am afraid that I can not take the credit for this idea. I had ask Dave Stevens about these months ago and he came up with the oar locks that Harold Hahn had in his work shop. I must omit that this is a great idea.
Regards Lawrence

Dear Lawrence
It's looks really excellent
glad you are on the road to recovering,
Wish you enjoyed your vacation at the Lauder Byers House
Hello Shota 70, Yes the worst is behind me now and starting to enjoy life a bit more now. Yes two weeks of R & R at the Byers Fishing Lodge will be a real treat especially this year after the last couple of months with all of this unbearable pain.
Regards Lawrence

Hello KentM, Welcome to my build log on the little ship the Oliver Cromwell. Please haul up a chair and join in on the fun of building this fine little ship. Stop by often as the door to the Old Ship Yard never is closed. I thank you very much for all of your likes. I tried to post a comment on your Alert build page but found that I have to be a member in order to do so, can not understand the logic behind this new rule. I just wanted to cheer you on to getting a few pictures posted, have fun.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, We are finding a bit of time to work in the Old Ship Yard while preparing for our coming trip up at the Byers Lodge on the French River. The little fellows and I have built the twoIMG_5783.JPG ships Anchors, these we will put aside for now as they would catch a lot of lines in the coming rigging days if I were to install them now.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, We are finding a bit of time to work in the Old Ship Yard while preparing for our coming trip up at the Byers Lodge on the French River. The little fellows and I have built the twoView attachment 174247 ships Anchors, these we will put aside for now as they would catch a lot of lines in the coming rigging days if I were to install them now.
Regards Lawrence
They look like they are ready to settle in wherever you cast them off. Just remember the marker buoy line so that you can find them when you are ready to return to harbor and your mooring place. ;-) PT-2

They look like they are ready to settle in wherever you cast them off. Just remember the marker buoy line so that you can find them when you are ready to return to harbor and your mooring place. ;-) PT-2
Hello PT-2, Thanks very much for your visit and also for your very nice comments. Yes for sure I have not forgotten the Anchor marker buoys. Those are fun to build but I believe that I will wait until after the Anchors are installed, but one never knows .
Regards Lawrence

Hello PT-2, Thanks very much for your visit and also for your very nice comments. Yes for sure I have not forgotten the Anchor marker buoys. Those are fun to build but I believe that I will wait until after the Anchors are installed, but one never knows .
Regards Lawrence
If we get to a question of scale, I have not found any dimensional information, only drawings. My attempts took a couple of tries on how to best form and tie those and then the size ended up being more of visual than actual so it didn't matter that much to me personally but size and flotation for the line is still a question for my mind. PT-2

If we get to a question of scale, I have not found any dimensional information, only drawings. My attempts took a couple of tries on how to best form and tie those and then the size ended up being more of visual than actual so it didn't matter that much to me personally but size and flotation for the line is still a question for my mind. PT-2
Hello PT-2, you have a very good question there , I normally try to make them fit in by holding a piece of wood up against the forward shrouds or rat lined and go from there.
Regards Lawrence

Please let me know how you finally work this out, and if visual. . . what size in scale do you find looks best? PT-2
Hello PT-2, in regards to your questions on the Anchor Recouvery Buoy. I ask my good
friend UWE for any information that he may have on these buoy's. Here is the information that he pasted along. I do believe that I will build mine just a bit smaller just for looks.
Regards Lawrence
IMG-4222.jpgIMG-4223.jpgIMG-4224.jpgIMG-4225.jpgIMG-4226.jpg

Last edited:
Hello PT-2, in regards to your questions on the Anchor Recouvery Buoy. I ask my good
friend UWE for any information that he may have on these buoy's. Here is the information that he past along. I do believe that I will build mine just a bit smaller just for looks.
Regards Lawrence
View attachment 175721View attachment 175723View attachment 175724View attachment 175725View attachment 175726
Great information and illustrations with your ruler applied. That model is to me more of a rats nest that I will not even be thinking about approaching for some time!!! PT-2

Back