Oliver Cromwell, POF ,Scale 1:48 by Lawrence [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello Lawrence, we are not lost interest in your build, and waiting for your every and all updates. Be well and keep photos coming... :)
Hello Jim, I am sorry I did not mean MY Ship Mates, what I meant was my[ little fellows] my driving force, they seam to be on vacation these days, will have to give them a tote or two.
Regards Lawrence

If I understand you correctly, then you are looking for something else to work with so that the work becomes too monotonous and boring, okay with a little variety, greetings-
Hello Knut, No that is not it at all, I love this little ship the Oliver Cromwell it's that with these Shingles I find it hard to get started building again, The Bluenose the fishing schooner will be my next build, my Christmas gift from my Admiral. There is no room in my Old Ship Yard for two builds at the same time.
Regards Lawrence

I agree with all the above comments. Oliver Cromwell is a beauty - but I do know what you mean by catching a second breath. After 8 months, the Batavia/Haarlem has done the same to me. These big builds are exactly that - BIG!

I agree with all the above comments. Oliver Cromwell is a beauty - but I do know what you mean by catching a second breath. After 8 months, the Batavia/Haarlem has done the same to me. These big builds are exactly that - BIG!
Hello Heinrich, I thank you very much for your visit to my build log, also for your very kind words and comments. To be truthful I do enjoy working on my Oliver Cromwell, Also like the challenges it gives me.
The last 6 mounts has been a bummer as this shingles thing has sapped all the energy out of me and I tire very easily, things are starting to improve now but I still have a long way to go. I try to work on my ship an hour or so per day but it is an effort. Can not stand the TV with all of those crazy advertisement's, so the Old Ship Yard is my escape from it so to speak.
Regards Lawrence

I wish you all the best, I do not know much about what shingles is, hope it has passed soon, greetings-
Thank you Knut, Shingles starts with a rash then turns to very sour blisters that disappear in about 3 weeks, but the sever pain lingers on, for me it is going on 6 months now. It you are over 60 I would recommend getting the vacation for it even if it is a bit expensive. As it is I feel like I have lost the last 6 month and failed to enjoy the summer that I love.
Regards Lawrence

@Canoe21 , I feel for your pain and loss of the summer. I too lost my summer do to being sick, I was unable to visit the seat of ease so to speak. After three weeks of that and compounded with the covid scare they finally operated taking out the blockage leaving me with a colostomy bag on my belly. The bag is temporary(but with covid getting worse I will be waiting a long time to have it reversed) and I am feeling better now but my summer and yard work was totally lost.
I guess what I am saying is your drive will come back and if it takes the Bluenose to do it then hooray!!
On the funny side: The other day my sweet girlfriend offered to get me some toilet paper that was on sale. She asked whether I wanted the soft or the strong. I gave her a look and said "Really? Single ply, double ply, soft, strong or even 60 grit sandpaper do you really think it matters to me?" :p
Have A GOOD One

@Canoe21 , I feel for your pain and loss of the summer. I too lost my summer do to being sick, I was unable to visit the seat of ease so to speak. After three weeks of that and compounded with the covid scare they finally operated taking out the blockage leaving me with a colostomy bag on my belly. The bag is temporary(but with covid getting worse I will be waiting a long time to have it reversed) and I am feeling better now but my summer and yard work was totally lost.
I guess what I am saying is your drive will come back and if it takes the Bluenose to do it then hooray!!
On the funny side: The other day my sweet girlfriend offered to get me some toilet paper that was on sale. She asked whether I wanted the soft or the strong. I gave her a look and said "Really? Single ply, double ply, soft, strong or even 60 grit sandpaper do you really think it matters to me?" :p
Have A GOOD One
Hello Don, It sounds like you had a worse off a time of it this summer than I did, Get Well Soon. I still do not have a lot of get up and go these days but I do try to drown my self in my Old Ship Yard. Even if I do not accomplish much physically it seams to make me feel just a bit better to be able to forger about this shingles thing and it's pain.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Heinrich, You are doing a fantastic job on your Bluenose kit review. I believe that a lot of our SOS members have duel membership with you know WHO. I feel that a huge lot of them would like to speak out and order this Bluenose kit but by even saying that they like it , that is an automatic Banding and this is suppose to be a free country, Just how these people can get away with this type of bull is beyond me. Me I love my new found freedom, and I am able to look at any ship I please and say what I want.
Regards Lawrence

Lawrence and Don, take care of yourselves, I wish you both good recovery, good luck, regards Knut-
Hello Knut, I thank you very much for your very kind words, Yes I will try very hard to fully recover and be able to work on my Oliver Cromwell and try to finish her before my POF Bluenose arrives.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates
Well I finally got the little fellows motivated again and we built and served the forward shrouds along with the center sections that go over the mast head. We were horrified to discover that the last two deadeyes on the lower channels for the upper mast head supports are of a smaller size to we had to correct this little boo- boo. The forward mast platform is only dry fitted.
We have not tied off the lanyards on the lower deadeyes as we do like to screech the shrouds for a few days before before we do our final adjusting of the deadeyes.
Regards Lawrence

IMG_5805.JPGIMG_5806.JPG

Super work as always Lawrence. The last few days I have just been so busy that I haven't had time to visit many build logs. Last night after work I just flopped down and slept - which is very unusual for me. Squire Cromwell is looking beautiful - well done!

Back