Oliver Cromwell, POF ,Scale 1:48 by Lawrence [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello Ship Mates
Well the little fellows and I have completed building all of the Rat lines on the Top Mast. Golly but I am glad that they are behind us but then again I am pleased with the more finished look that they bring to our ship. In tying the Rat Lines on the Top Mast Forward I accidently knocked of one of the Gun Port Hatches, so we had to return to the repair section to have this repaired. So now we are looking at the 3 Mast Caps an s the Topgallant Masts that surely will add more height to the already touring Masts.
Regards Lawrence
IMG_5837.JPGIMG_5838.JPGIMG_5839.JPGIMG_5840.JPG

This is a great build and accomplishment! You should have no problem with the POF Bluenose! ;)
Hello Dean, I thank you very much for your visit to my build log and also for your very kind words.
Yes I do agree with you on the building of the Bluenose, this is my Christmas gift from my Admiral Bernadette. After the scratch build the Oliver Cromwell the Bluenose will be a lot easier with not all of the saw dust and and building every induvial part. Bluenose looks like a joy to build, but sadly she will have to wait just a bit.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates
The little fellows and I have been busy building and installing Oliver Cromwell Fore Topmast Stay and also her Preventer Stay along with a couple of mouse's on the stays, there Heart Blocks and also there Eyebolts.
We do take a lot of time researching this Rigging as my Oliver Cromwell did not come with a Rigging plan. I did buy a Rigging plan for the HMS Druid, these plans are for a general lay out but do lack a lot in detail and I have been relying on the book Rigging Period Ship Models by Lennard Peterson. We seam to be making our fare share of mistakes and also repeats.
Regards LawrenceIMG_5844.JPGIMG_5845.JPGIMG_5846.JPGIMG_5848.JPG

Last edited:
Hello Ship Mates
The little fellows and I have been busy building and installing Oliver Cromwell Fore Topmast Stay and also her Preventer Stay along with a couple of mouse's on the stays, there Heard Blocks and also there Eyebolts.
We do take a lot of time researching this Rigging as my Oliver Cromwell did not come with a Rigging plan. I did buy a Rigging plan for the HMS Druid, these plans are for a general lay out but do lack a lot in detail and I have been relying on the book Rigging Period Ship Models by Lennard Peterson. We seam to be making our fare share of mistakes and also repeats.
Regards LawrenceView attachment 206374View attachment 206375View attachment 206376View attachment 206378
Looking good! I’m rigging my way towards the Bluenose too! ;)

Looks good Lawrence. I see you bought one of those third hand devices, it sure is handy isn't it?
Hello Don, Thanks for your visit, I am trying to get this rigging finished so that I will be able to work on my Bluenose. Golly you guys will be finished before I even get finished and mine was the first to arrive.
Yes after seeing your KOTTO third hand I just had to have one, yes they sure are handy and helpful.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates
The little fellows and I have been busy building and installing Oliver Cromwell Fore Topmast Stay and also her Preventer Stay along with a couple of mouse's on the stays, there Heart Blocks and also there Eyebolts.
Regards LawrenceView attachment 206374View attachment 206375View attachment 206376View attachment 206378
lovely work Lawrence

Hallo my friend,
You are doing a very good job on your standing rigging - Looking very good !!

Back