Oliver Cromwell, POF ,Scale 1:48 by Lawrence [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello Ship Mates
The little fellows and I have built and installed Traveler on the Jib Boom along with it's out haul blocks. We have built and installed the two sets of sheaves on both sides of the Fore Mast Top Gallant Mast, along with the remaining 5 remaining Stays. This has left the 3 sets of Mast Braces left to install before we can leave all of this black rigging.
Regards Lawrence
IMG_5854.JPGIMG_5850.JPGIMG_5851.JPGIMG_5852.JPGIMG_5853.JPG

Last edited:
Hi Lawrence,
I am reading now your very nice ‘over-the-years’ POF build-log of the Olivier Cromwell. I stay in for the rest of the build. Don’t hurry with this build for the wish to start the Bluenose. I am in the same position and keep on giving the build her attention. Your Olivier deserves it!
Regards, Peter
Hello Peter, I thank you for your visit to my build log on the little ship the Oliver Cromwell. Also for your very kind words. Yes I have enjoyed this build, it sure has been a learning experience. No I do not want to hurry this build, the Bluenose will just have to wait a bit, but that should not be all that long.
Regards Lawrence

G'day Lawrence, first of all I would like to wish you and your good Admiral a Very Healthy Happy and Prosperous New Year.
Your Oliver Cromwell is looking fantastic, you are doing a great job on her, you and your little fellas have certainly been busy, I must try and drop by more often,
Best regards John,

G'day Lawrence, first of all I would like to wish you and your good Admiral a Very Healthy Happy and Prosperous New Year.
Your Oliver Cromwell is looking fantastic, you are doing a great job on her, you and your little fellas have certainly been busy, I must try and drop by more often,
Best regards John,
Hello John, I thank you very much for your visit to my build log on the little ship the Oliver Cromwell. Also for your very kind words and nice comments. My Admiral Bernadette and I pass along our belated Christmas and New Years wishes, We hope you find the New Year much better and Happier than 2020 has been. This has been a very hard year for us, after loosing our son a year ago December and then coming down with a bad case of the Shingles last May that still is very painful but improving . I finally have got off the Oxycodone that I am very nervous over and now rely on Tylenol, but it is not nearly as good, but I can live with it. I have been almost stopped in working in my Old Ship Yard but now my strength is slowly returning but I am still very Slow.
Sorry I have not been around the Form very much but now that I am feeling a bit better I will give it a try. I want to get things done but that old get up and go is just not there.
Regards Lawrence

Dear Lawrence. These close up picture show just how special the work is that you have done on the OC. The wood colour has a lovely richness and ambience to it which makes it so inviting to look at the ship. Well done so far my friend - take it easy - there is no rush.

Dear Lawrence. These close up picture show just how special the work is that you have done on the OC. The wood colour has a lovely richness and ambience to it which makes it so inviting to look at the ship. Well done so far my friend - take it easy - there is no rush.
Thank you Heinrich, for your visit to my build log also for your very kind words. Yes my Oliver Cromwell has been very enjoyable that is for sure. I do want to start my YQ Bluenose as I have a love for the fishing schooner. The AL Bluenose II was my first build many years ago then I built the Annie M Parker a fishing schooner from the early 1900st that my Great Grand Father once Commanded. So you can see I do have a love for the schooner, they have such great lines.
So with that said due to the fact that my Old Ship Yard is very small. my YQ Bluenose will have to wait, it's such a shame but what else can I do. I find it very interesting watching and fowling all of the Bluenose build logs, its like at work and if I gave 20 guys a job to do I would have 20 very different ways to do it, some better than others but all of the jobs would be done.
Thank you Heinrich for all of your patients with me and also for all of the members of your YQ bluenose build, Thank You.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates
Another little update today, The little fellows and I have installed all of the single Jeer Blocks on the 3 masts, I found this rather strange as the big working blocks are just above the decks in Harold Hahn's pictures that I have been working on. We also built and installed the Spanker Boom saddle and its supports.
As far as we can tell this completes all of the pulmonary Rigging on our little ship out side of the stern lantern and we will leave that for now for we are afraid that it could easily be broken. So it looks like we are finally into the Yard Works, another mile stone.
Regards Lawrence
IMG_5865.JPGIMG_5866.JPG

Hello Uwe and Jim, I thank you very much for your visits to my build log, also for your very kind words. The lighting is nothing special as I took these pictures on the work bench in my Old Ship Yard. I was using a Led warm light bulb with the light beam adjusted at a very low angle.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates
Well the little fellows and I have finally started working on the Rigging. We built and installed the Spanker boom with its Parral Beads, the Sheet Gear and its Deck Cleat. We also built and installed the Boom Topping Lift with its Block Rigging and last but not the least we built and installed the Belaying Cleats on the Mizzen Mast. I had forgotten just how much equipment is involved for just one Spanker Boom.
Regards LawrenceIMG_5867.JPGIMG_5868.JPGIMG_5869.JPGIMG_5870.JPG

Back