Oliver Cromwell, POF ,Scale 1:48 by Lawrence [COMPLETED BUILD]

Dear #001. Your rigging looks sensational. You can get it as clean and as tidy as that but none better! Kudos my friend! Thumbs-Up First Place Metal

Dear #001. Your rigging looks sensational. You can get it as clean and as tidy as that but none better! Kudos my friend! Thumbs-Up First Place Metal
Hello Heinrich, I thank you for your visit to my build log. Also for your very kind words. Slowly getting there, can almost taste that YQ-Bluenose that lies ahead of me.
Regards Lawrence

Hallo Lawrence,
you are doing a very good job on the masts, yards and rigging - I like it very much - you are on a very good way !!!
And: Do not start to get into hurry -
The Bluenose will also wait one or two weeks more, but if you make a sloppy job in the last details you will see this by yourself every time you are looking on this model......

Hallo Lawrence,
you are doing a very good job on the masts, yards and rigging - I like it very much - you are on a very good way !!!
And: Do not start to get into hurry -
The Bluenose will also wait one or two weeks more, but if you make a sloppy job in the last details you will see this by yourself every time you are looking on this model......
Hello Uwe, I thank you very much for your visit and also for your very nice comments. No I am not about to hurry my Oliver Cromwell build, she is such a nice ship to do so. Yes I do want to start my YQ- Bluenose, but my Old Ship Yard is just too small to handle two builds at the same time, So it looks like Bluenose will be put on hold for a short while.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates
Well here it is Saturday again and the little fellows and I have just completed adding the Fore Top Yard with all of it's detail. Oh we will have to come back and add a few more rigging blocks as we slowly progress along, al though we are improving in our speed, starting to feel a little better making working in my Old Ship Yard much more enjoyable. We also added the missing Parral Beads from the Top Main Mast.
Regards LawrenceIMG_5910.JPGIMG_5911.JPGIMG_5912.JPGIMG_5913.JPG

Hello Ship Mates
Well here it is Saturday again and the little fellows and I have just completed adding the Fore Top Yard with all of it's detail. Oh we will have to come back and add a few more rigging blocks as we slowly progress along, al though we are improving in our speed, starting to feel a little better making working in my Old Ship Yard much more enjoyable. We also added the missing Parral Beads from the Top Main Mast.
Regards LawrenceView attachment 216813View attachment 216814View attachment 216815View attachment 216816

Lawrence, it’s looking great.
You are almost finished.
Are you going to add sails?

You are almost finished.

You are almost finished.
Hello Bluebeard, I thank you for your very nice words and comments. Yes I had hopped to add the sails, My Admiral Bernadette volunteered to sew me yo a set but as of yet she has not started.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Bluebeard, I thank you for your very nice words and comments. Yes I had hopped to add the sails, My Admiral Bernadette volunteered to sew me yo a set but as of yet she has not started.
Regards Lawrence

Well, I have been there. My wife used to sew them for me but she used to make me wait till she had a chance.
So, I bought my own sewing machine and after a month of trying different stitches I learned.
Now I don’t have to wait.
It is not to difficult. Try it, you’ll be amazed of how easy it is.

Well, I have been there. My wife used to sew them for me but she used to make me wait till she had a chance.
So, I bought my own sewing machine and after a month of trying different stitches I learned.
Now I don’t have to wait.
It is not to difficult. Try it, you’ll be amazed of how easy it is.
Hello Bluebeard, Yes I am sure you are correct, I could use her sewing machine, she has offered it many times but I think it is much nicer when she dose it, seams to give them that special touch.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Bluebeard, Yes I am sure you are correct, I could use her sewing machine, she has offered it many times but I think it is much nicer when she dose it, seams to give them that special touch.
Yes, I agree, Lawrence. It will be a collaborative project where Admiral makes a nice touch! Thumbs-Up

Hello Ship Mates,
So far this week the little fellows and I have been busy climbing in the Rigging, we have built and installed both the Fore and Main Mast Topgallant's Yards along with all of there fittings and controls line and fittings. This brings an end to this part of the Oliver Cromwell build. Now we must address all of the Yards Lifts, this should be very interesting along with a lot of climbing or reaching in the ships rigging.
Regards LawrenceIMG_5918.JPGIMG_5919.JPGIMG_5920.JPGIMG_5921.JPGIMG_5922.JPG

Hello Ship Mates
The little fellows and I have been busy the week building and installing all of the Lower Yards Lifts. We also shaped the Shroud Cleats that a Very Good Ship Mate from N.C. was very kind and sent to me on all of the Lower Shrouds, 30 of them in all. These Shroud Cleats were what was used to secure lines before they started to use Belaying Pins. Well we glued and lashed each Cleat to every Shroud even though we only needed 6 for the Lower Yards Lifts.
Regards LawrenceIMG_5894.JPGIMG_5924.JPGIMG_5925.JPGIMG_5926.JPGIMG_5927.JPGIMG_5928.JPGIMG_5929.JPG

Great.
You are almost finished.
Have you decided what model to build next?
Hello Bluebeard, I thank you for your visit, Yes my Admiral Bernadette gave me a Yuan Quin POF Bluenose kit for Christmas in the 1:72 scale that looks to be a great kit to build with a lot of challenges.
Regards Lawrence

Back