Oliver Cromwell, POF ,Scale 1:48 by Lawrence [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello Ship Mates
Well the little fellows and I have finally completed hanging and installing the Lower Fore Sail, and all of it's control lines. This time of year tends to take a lot of time away from working in the Old Ship Yard. There has been house painting, cleaning up the out side gardens, starting our outside flowers inside due to frost and the never ending lawn mowing.
My Admiral Bernadette has pulled far ahead of me and the little fellows as she has completed her voluntary work of sewing up a set of sails for us, for this we are very thankful. Now we do not have any excuse at all except to bite the bullet.
Regards Lawrence
View attachment 233642View attachment 233643View attachment 233644
well done, great job, looks beautiful

Great job, Lawrence!
I imagine you are already impatient to start RYC !
János
Hello Janos, Thanks for your very kind words. Yes I am getting excited over my up and coming YQ Bluenose, a lovely gift from my Admiral Bernadette. This will be the first kit build in a lot of years, should be a lot of enjoyable fun. I have receiver some new wood for her deck, tiny nails to simulate the frame bolts and will soon order a set of those great blocks from Zoly, the ships wheel leaves a lot to be desired but have not decided just how I will approach that little issue.
Regards Lawrence

I fully agree with all the compliments to you and your Admiral Bernadette. A great job done. She looks very impressive. For my Mirage, my Admiral set me behind her machine (what a confidence) and told me how to use it. So, I know the amount of work she has done for you.
Congrets Lawrence!
Regards, Peter
Hello Peter, I thank you very much for your very nice words and nice comments. Yes my Admiral has been a great help. She has a very nice sewing machine but that is something that I did not want to tackle and she makes it look so easy.
Regards Lawrence

[Hello Ship Mates
Just a little update this week so far, the little guys and I have completed the Fore Topgallant Sail, this is a mile stone for us as all of sails on the three Masts are completed and installed. Now we can move on to the Sprint Sails, these are much more in the open and should be a bit easier to install.
It being a nice day here in Sutton, Ontario I took the liberty of taking a few pictures out side on our back deck.
Regards Lawrence

ATTACH=full]235182[/ATTACH]IMG_5977.JPGIMG_5978.JPGIMG_5979.JPG

Last edited:
Hello Ship Mates,
Today we woke up to light rain and very big wet snow flakes driving us out of the garden work. So I motivated the little fellows and I completed installing the Bow Sprite, Spritsail and the Sprint top sail. This leaves the Fore Topmast Stay Sail to be completed and install, this is the only Stay sail that we plan to install. Leaving lots of room for one to view the Deck Details.
Regards LawrenceIMG_5980.JPGIMG_5981.JPG

Last edited:
G'day Lawrence, your ship that you and your little fella's are building looks fabulous, sorry I haven't been around much since Christmas and this last week I have been knocked flat on my back with some virus, anyway enough of my moaning, I hope that you and Bernadette are in good health and let her I think she made a beautiful job with the sails, will catch up soon,
Best regards John,

G'day Lawrence, your ship that you and your little fella's are building looks fabulous, sorry I haven't been around much since Christmas and this last week I have been knocked flat on my back with some virus, anyway enough of my moaning, I hope that you and Bernadette are in good health and let her I think she made a beautiful job with the sails, will catch up soon,
Best regards John,
Hello John, I thank you very much for your visit to my build log and also for your very kind words and nice comments. Yes I will pass along your nice comments to Bernadette, she will be very pleased. We will be off for a week in a couple of weeks for the Admirals birthday vacation up at the Byers Lodge on the French River. This will be a nice break for us as we have been house bound due to this virus thing.
I have been thinking about you and was about to go searching the form for a update from you, this I must do. I get so tied up in things that there seams to be no time left to do all of the things that I want to do, the little fellows help but!
Regards Lawrence

I underline the words made by @kidsgalore -> she is looking very good (especially the "clothing" -> regards to your admiral)
BTW: and sorry for shortly off topic: to John alias @neptune - I am happy to read, that you are better - keep care

I underline the words made by @kidsgalore -> she is looking very good (especially the "clothing" -> regards to your admiral)
BTW: and sorry for shortly off topic: to John alias @neptune - I am happy to read, that you are better - keep care

Thank you Uwe, According to the Doctor at the Hospital I will still have this virus for about another week, so lets hope it is a quick week,
best regards John,

Back