Oliver Cromwell, POF ,Scale 1:48 by Lawrence [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello Ship Mates
My Admiral and I returned from our Birthday week vacation on the French River at the Byers Lodge on Sunday after noon, still stiff and a bit sore from luging all of gear out of our cabin and into our car and then again into our home.
Got a bit more work on our Oliver Cromwell, the little fellows and I built oak display stand and along with cherry wood column's.
We also wired up and tested all of our Led lights that we ordered from Evens Designs along with a liny remote control and it all worked wonderful. We also rigged the two Cat Heads Anker falls. We are now looking at the two Anchors recouvery buoys, these are quite small but we feel that we should give them a try.
Regrades LawrenceIMG_5997.JPGIMG_5998.JPGIMG_5999.JPGIMG_6000.JPGIMG_6001.JPGIMG_6002.JPG

Inch by inch, you are getting closer ... :)

Hello Heinrich, I thank you very much for your very kind words and nice comments. Oliver Cromwell has been a long build, This last year has almost been a a loss because of my my bad case of the Shingles. I am starting to feel a bit better and have been able to work in my Old Ship Yard a bit more these days. Still have a bit more to do before I can start my YQ - Bluenose.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates

Well after a hectic couple of weeks it looks like the little fellows and I have completed our build of the Oliver Cromwell. To start off with we had installed Walnut Waled with the thoughts that they would blend in very nicely with the Boxwood planking but then we found that we could not bend the boxwood at the sharp stern so we went with natural pear. Booth are very nice woods but there was very little deference in color between the Walnut and the Natural Pear even after staining so we ended up painting our Wales black and then a coat of varnish.
We then gave out ship a couple of coats of Tung & Teak Oil, Gave a 1777 US Flag to fly on her Yard Arm. We searched the internet for House Flags and pennants but failed to find any to fly on her Mast Heads, any help here would very much be appreciated.
We have started to build the Oliver Cromwell a display case for here to live in, but this is quite large being 37 1/2" x 15 3/4" or 95 x 44.5 CM. We want to build it out of cherry wood but not having a piece wide enough we had to laminate two pieces together. In all of this goings on our PC crashed after a Microsoft update band were forced to dig out an old unit out of our archives. Sure has been a n active week.
We did not oil the stern Gallery as we do want to add the stern Decorations there when they are completed, There is no great hury there as we will continue to build our display case before continuing on to our Great Little YQ - Bluenose build.
I do thank all of you for following and for all of your great Very Helpful Comments and Suggestions that you have given me over the last 3 years and 2 month that we have worked on this Oliver Cromwell build, Thank You All.
Regards LawrenceIMG_6018.JPGIMG_6019.JPGIMG_6020.JPGIMG_6021.JPG

Last edited:
Congrats Lawrence, it for sure a great accomplishment and well worth a celebration! Mazeltov!!! Explosion Explosion Explosion Explosion Explosion Explosion
Hello Jim,I thank you very much for your very kind words. It looks like I may have to replace a few of these pictures as they turned out to dark to show the Oliver Cromwell;s hull planking colors.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates

Well after a hectic couple of weeks it looks like the little fellows and I have completed our build of the Oliver Cromwell. To start off with we had installed Walnut Waled with the thoughts that they would blend in very nicely with the Boxwood planking but then we found that we could not bend the boxwood at the sharp stern so we went with natural pear. Booth are very nice woods but there was very little deference in color between the Walnut and the Natural Pear even after staining so we ended up painting our Wales black and then a coat of varnish.
We then gave out ship a couple of coats of Tung & Teak Oil, Gave a 1777 US Flag to fly on her Yard Arm. We searched the internet for House Flags and pennants but failed to find any to fly on her Mast Heads, any help here would very much be appreciated.
We have started to build the Oliver Cromwell a display case for here to live in, but this is quite large being 37 1/2" x 15 3/4" or 95 x 44.5 CM. We want to build it out of cherry wood but not having a piece wide enough we had to laminate two pieces together. In all of this goings on our PC crashed after a Microsoft update band were forced to dig out an old unit out of our archives. Sure has been a n active week.
We did not oil the stern Gallery as we do want to add the stern Decorations there when they are completed, There is no great hury there as we will continue to build our display case before continuing on to our Great Little YQ - Bluenose build.
I do thank all of you for following and for all of your great Very Helpful Comments and Suggestions that you have given me over the last 3 years and 2 month that we have worked on this Oliver Cromwell build, Thank You All.
Regards LawrenceView attachment 243351View attachment 243352View attachment 243353View attachment 243354
Congratulations on a fine looking highly detailed build. Following your progress has been a great help to me as a raw beginner.

Back