Oliver Cromwell, POF ,Scale 1:48 by Lawrence [COMPLETED BUILD]

Wow! That is one mass of rigging Lawrence. You must be getting very close to the final knot soon. Looking good!

Hello Don, Yes these ships had a lot of control lines and that is for sure. Working on the Bunting Lines Blocks, I can tie these onto the lower Yards but the Bunting Lines will have to wait until the sails are installed. Still thinking on the Reef Tackle as the Mast are a bit over crowded as they are already. I may wait until the Sails are installed before deciding on these.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates
Well it was sort of a trying week in our Old Ship Yard., We were going over our Rigging and test fritting our sails to come when we discovered that our Rigging was in the way of some of our sails on the Mizzen and also on the Main Mast. So we had to rearrange a few of these control lines. It is rather hard to do when no Rigging plans for our ship are Avaible, just Rigging in general. So we moved and rerouted these lines to make way for the sails, a bit of a set back but a learning experience.
On the brighter side my Admiral has sewed up the Spanker Sail and also the Mizzen Topsail, The little fellows and I have installed the Spanker Sail along with all of it's fittings and lines.
Regards LawrenceIMG_5951.JPGIMG_5952.JPGIMG_5953.JPG

Your Admiral makes a very nice job sewing the sails, and you made a good job fitting them! Awesome teamwork! Thumbs-Up

Hello Jim, I thank you for your visit and also for your very kind words and nice comments. Yes my Admiral dose a very nice job of sewing my sails, it is hard to keep up with drawing them up for her to sew, Thanks.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates
Onward and up ward my Admiral has completed sewing the Mizzen Topsail along with the Topgallant Sail and the little fellows and I have laced them to there Yards and connected all of those louse lines that were hanging from the Mizzen. Now I see that she is about half way finished the Lower Main Sail and I am continuing to draw out the sails for the uppers, but we are almost there. These installed sails still need to be shaped, but that will come a bit later on.
Regards Lawrence

IMG_5954.JPGIMG_5955.JPG

Hello Ship Mates
The little fellows and I have spent the last couple of weeks climbing the Main Mast and it's Yards, We have installed the three sails on the Main Mast along with all of there control lines. This area is very crowded and in doing so we managed to knock of a couple of gun ports that we have decided to leave until all of the sail are installed. My Admiral Bernadette is far ahead of me now as she has completed the three Fore Sails and now she is working on the Bow Spite Sails.
Regards LawrenceIMG_5957.JPGIMG_5958.JPGIMG_5959.JPG

Your sails are looking very good - very realistic
Congrats - you have a really good sailmaker at home
Hello Uwe, I thank you for your visit to my build log and also for your very kind words and comments.
Yes I am lucky to have a sail maker in my Old Ship Yard and to think she Volunteered, I will tell her what you said and she will be very pleased.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates
Well the little fellows and I have finally completed hanging and installing the Lower Fore Sail, and all of it's control lines. This time of year tends to take a lot of time away from working in the Old Ship Yard. There has been house painting, cleaning up the out side gardens, starting our outside flowers inside due to frost and the never ending lawn mowing.
My Admiral Bernadette has pulled far ahead of me and the little fellows as she has completed her voluntary work of sewing up a set of sails for us, for this we are very thankful. Now we do not have any excuse at all except to bite the bullet.
Regards Lawrence
IMG_5963.JPGIMG_5964.JPGIMG_5962.JPG

Last edited:
Back