Oliver Cromwell, POF ,Scale 1:48 by Lawrence [COMPLETED BUILD]

Your making great progress and it looks fantastic
Hello epicdoom
I thank you very much for your visit to my build log, also for your very kind words and nice comments. Oliver Cromwell should grow a bit faster now but with Christmas and all who knows. My Admiral and the Little Fellows and I send along our best wishes to you and your Family for a Very Merry Christmas and an even Better and Happier New Year to come, ENJOY.
Regards Lawrence

Your inner planking is looking very good!
Which technique you are using for the nailing of the planks?
Hello Uwe
I do thank you very much for your visit to my build log, also for your very kind words and helpful hints. My Admiral and The Little Fellows and I wish you and your Family a Very Merry Christmas and an even Better and Happier New Year To Come.
Yes, Oliver Cromwell is finally starting to grow a bit, with any luck at all and if time permits I should be able to install the two lower Deck Clamps later on today, ENJOY.
Regards Lawrence

Hello epicdoom
I thank you very much for your visit to my build log, also for your very kind words and nice comments. Oliver Cromwell should grow a bit faster now but with Christmas and all who knows. My Admiral and the Little Fellows and I send along our best wishes to you and your Family for a Very Merry Christmas and an even Better and Happier New Year to come, ENJOY.
Regards Lawrence
Me and Mine wish You and Yours a safe and Happy Holiday Brother Thank you Christmas has a way of getting even the most strict of builders into the holiday spirit, maybe its because we hope Santa will shove a nice new Ship under our tree. The Admiral is Busy right now whipping the house into shape getting Christmas ornaments put out, Tree went up over the weekend While the Grandson was here. I was happy when the house fell quiet due to the kids moving out, but now I find myself wishing my Grandson was here more often. Unfortunately though I'd have zero time to build anything I want to spend every second I can with him. He will grow tired of spending time with me eventually, but for now he's into what ever I am doing and wants to be part of it and I love it.

Hello, Ship Mates.

Once again I thank you all very much for all of your visits to my build log on the little ship the Oliver Cromwell. Also for your very kind words and helpful hints. I do take this Moment IMG_5266.JPGIMG_5267.JPGIMG_5268.JPGto wish you all a Very Merry Christmas and an Even Better and Prosperous and Happier New Year to come.

Back in the Old Ship Yard work continues to move along at a snail's pace these days due to the Christmas Bussel. The little fellows and I have however built and added the Support Cribbing for the After Lower Deck Platform. After a lot of soul-searching, we have decided to add the Lower Deck Aft Platform and by doing so will follow the British proposed refit for at least this part of our Oliver Cromwell build. We have also built and installed the two Fore and Aft bulkheads that make up the Fish Room or even more likely the Spirituous Liquors. We have also cut and shaped the Forward Leading Edge Plank for this Platform but will not install it until the Platform decking is completed. We do find it very confining to have to work down inside of the ship like this, but then we do feel that we are getting a better fit this way rather than working on the bench, but then again we may take that route in the building of the housing on this platform, but due to the lack of space we are very much considering to just that, ENJOY. Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates

I Pass Along all of the Good Wishes for a Very Merry Christmas and an Even Better and Happier New Year to Come from our House to Yours. I thank you all for all of your visits to my build log on the little ship the Oliver Cromwell. Also for all of your help and great support that you all have shown and giving me so very freely over the last year, for this, I am overly grateful, Thank You All Very Much.

Back in the Old Ship Yard the little fellows and I am still moving at a snail's pace these days, seems to be so much to do leaving very little time for the Oliver Cromwell. We have however finished planking the inside hull up to the lower deck clamp on the Starboard side, the Port side we will leave open as we are still looking at cutouts for this side. Just realized that we should have planked the inter hull before applying the Deck Clamps, that would have made things much easier to install the overhead beams, however, this way is still doable, just have to be more careful in cutting the beams to length. So this is what we are looking at for the next set of Deck Clamps, ENJOY.
IMG_5269.JPGIMG_5270.JPG Regards Lawrence

a very good overview of the status of your work you are showing us today - she is looking very good my friend.
All the best also to you and your family - and many thanks for your wishes - it is great to have you on board with your building log.

Merry Christmas to you and to your admiral and I can't forget the little fellow.
Lawrence amazing work again. Love your false treenails on the inner planks.
Could you please show us your method of producing them?

a very good overview of the status of your work you are showing us today - she is looking very good my friend.
All the best also to you and your family - and many thanks for your wishes - it is great to have you on board with your building log.
Hello Uwe
I do thank you very much for your visit to my build log, also for your very kind words and nice comments. I do have to cut a few Beams for the Berth Deck to arrive at a height for the Bulkheads on the Lower Platform, the real fun is just about to begin, ENJOY.
Regards Lawrence

Merry Christmas to you and to your admiral and I can't forget the little fellow.
Lawrence amazing work again. Love your false treenails on the inner planks.
Could you please show us your method of producing them?
Hello Greg
I do thank you very much for your visit, also for your overly nice comments. I used the false tree nails inside the hull for the simple reason, most would not be seen and secondly, this would be very close quarters even for my flex shaft Dremel. I do however plan to use the real treenails on the outside. To make the false tree nails I use a very thin batten of around .150" or 3.5mm wide and lightly mark out the ribs with a pencil, then with the aid of my desktop magnifier I use my scriber to indent the planking, I then insert my sharpened pencil and give it a few twists, I then resort to my rubber erasor to clean up the drawn lines on the planking and also the false treenails. A light coat of Tung Oil should highlight them making it hard to tell if they are real or not, just a bit easier.
My Admiral and I pass along all of the Good Wishes for the Christmas Season from our House to Yours, ENJOY.

Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates

Merry Christmas and an Even Better and Happier New Year To Come to all of my Ship Mates. Well with all of the Christmas Bussel I am still finding a bit of time to work in the Old Ship Yard, This AM I cut a couple of slabs off my chunk of Cherry Wood, ran it through the plainer a few times to clean it up. Then I made a rough template for the lower decks Beams and then traced the outlines onto the Cherry Wood. I have decided to go just a bit larger in size over my plans and be more in line with those shown in the T.F.F.M. I have cut these wood strips into single lengths and when I can muster up a bit of gettingIMG_5271.JPG up and go it looks like I will get a bit of practice on my scroll saw. I do want to clean these blank Beams up on the mill so that is another couple of little jigs to keep them all the same size and shape, ENJOY. Regards Lawrence

Same here mate. We are all getting older (and speaking from my persective) may be not wiser.
I'm quite sure you don't follow me on that regards.
Havagoodone.
Hello Greg
I thank you very much for your Birthday Wishes, that was very nice of you. Yes, you are correct on the getting wiser, but then the get-up and go is just not there the way it was a few years ago, ENJOY.

Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates

Still recovering from all of the Seasons Goodies. My Admiral and I had a rather quiet time of it as just our Son came up to spend a couple of days with us, our daughter and her family along with the Great Grand Children [Twins] were off to Cuba for a week or so making things rather quiet this year around the old homestead. Back in the Old Ship Yard, we made a very simple jig for the cutting of all of the lower deck beams. We made a templet from our set of plans and traced this out on our cherry wood, sawed these our on my scroll saw, shaped the crown of these beams on our disk sander. Then we glued the templet for the beams that we had just made to a little piece of plywood and installed in the vice of our little mill. This gave me the ability to mill the lower curve of these beams. This we did and then we reversed the jig so as to be able to mill the upper side of the beams, giving me a very uniform shape overall. Now I will be able to get the height of the bulkheads on the lower Aft Platform, ENJOY Regards Lawrence IMG_5275.JPGIMG_5274.JPGIMG_5272.JPGIMG_5273.JPG

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF MY IMG_5276.JPGIMG_5277.JPGSHIP MATES

I thank all of my shipmates for all of your visits to my build log over the last year. Also for all of your very kind words and nice comments along with all of your very helpful hints and support that we look forward to continuing into this coming New Year. Back in the Old Ship Yard the little fellows and I have had a change in plans as we continued to plank up the inside Starboard Side and add the Deck Clamps for the Main Deck, as we figured that this would be much easier now, rather than wait until the lower Aft Platform Deck was completed, so that is the reason for the change in ideas, ENJOY. Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates

I again thank you all very much for all of your visits to my build log on the little ship the Oliver Cromwell. Also for all of your very kind words and nice comments.

Back in the Old Ship Yard, we are finding a bit more time to work on our ship. We have planked the Lower Aft Platform and also built the Mizzen Mast protection box that surrounds it. Now we must tackle the aft bulkhead that separates the Bread Room and the Magazine, looks like lots of fun, ENJOY.

Regards Lawrence

IMG_5279.JPGIMG_5278.JPGIMG_5280.JPG

Back