Oliver Cromwell, POF ,Scale 1:48 by Lawrence [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello Ship Mates

Just a little update tonight as the little fellows and I have Built and installed the Lower Deck hook and Ekecings 7958179582along with the first deck beam in the bow area. Tomorrow, after I snow, blow our driveway and walks I will set up the little Byrnes Table saw to notch out the bottom side of the upper deck beams that is after I cut them all to length and number them, ENJOY. Regards Lawrence

Yes to your questions on the pumps housing or the Upper and Lower wells. These I have already built. If you go back in my log to post 273 you will see the lower Well and also the Shot Locker. Post 274 shows the upper well and Post 279 shows both the Upper and Lower wells together. These have not been installed as yet as I must fit and install the upper deck beams first to make the final fitting. This job I have started today at the bow area. But give it a few days and this you will see.

Regards Lawrence

Thank you.
GK

Hello Ship Mates

I thank you all very much for all of your visits to my build log on the little ship the Oliver Cromwell. Also for your very kind words and nice comments.

Back in the Old Ship Yard the little fellows and I have added the Lower Deck Beams and also added the Lower Well that will contain the two Elm Hand Pumps that we have yet to build. We have also given the Platform Decks a coat of Tung Oil, to help clean up the building wood. We have noticed a few places where we must clean up some glue marks before we can plank the Lower Deck, ENJOY.

Regards Lawrence801898019080191

Hallo Lawrence, very good progress - really looking good - thanks for sharing with us
Hello Uwe
Thank you for your visit to my build log. Also for your very kind words and nice comments. Yes, she is starting to show her beauty, The next deck up will be very interesting, as there is so much detail here, ENJOY.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates
Just a little update tonight. The little fellows and I have been working on the Stern of our little ship the Oliver Cromwell. We have built and installed the Crutch Aft of the Mizen Mast and also the two Wing Transom Knees. It is truly amazing that these little parts to our ship could eat up so many hours. We have also given them and also the Bread Room a coat of Tung Oil to give the Lower Deck a more finished look, ENJOY.

Regards Lawrence8054780548805498055080551

Hallo my friend,
It is Looking good - will you also imitate the bolts of these knees with some treenails?
Hello Uwe
Thanks for your visit to my build log, also for your very kind words and nice comments. Thanks to your sharp eye you have caught the Treenails that I had failed to add. I kept looking at these to see just why they did not look right, completely overlooking the Treenails, Thanks, ENJOY.

Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates

Once again I thank you all very much for all of your visits to my build log. Also for your very kind words and nice comments.

Back in the Old Ship Yard the little fellows and I have cleaned up the stern area of our ship and added a pair of Sleepers to reinforce the stern timbers. Now we must add a Led Light to the Magazine area while it is still accessible and then it will be time to add the Water Ways before we can plank this lower deck. We have spent a lot of time this week searching for the placement for the set of ladders from in back of the Pantry to the Great Room deck above. With a lot of help from my Ship Mates,8153981540 we now have this figured out, ENJOY.

Regards Lawrence

Nice work.
Check about installing waterways. Planking for the orlop-deck usually consist in just installing deck-planks (all of the same thickness), over small beams: similar to what is done with the platforms at the very bottom of the hull. But the beams are also likely to be supported by some small knees : but I could be wrong.
As far as access from the main deck, you are likely to have 3 places: ladder at the back, a hatch and samson post near the main mast (close to the well) and same around the foremast (behind it)
Kindest regards.
GK

Last edited:
Nice work.
Check about installing waterways. Planking for the orlop-deck usually consist in just installing deck-planks (all of the same thickness), over small beams: similar to what is done with the platforms at the very bottom of the hull. But the beams are also likely to be supported by some small knees : but I could be wrong.
As far as access from the main deck, you are likely to have 3 places: ladder at the back, a hatch and samson post near the main mast (close to the well) and same around the foremast (behind it)
Kindest regards.
GK
Hello Gillis
Thank's for your visit to my build log, also for your very kind words and nice information. Yes, it looks like a straight forward job of planking this lower deck. The Water Ways could give me a bit of trouble as I want to use Scarf joints here. It looks like I have found a little job for the little mill. Yes, I do have the ladders figured out as the ones in back of the pantry is a stacked set, one to the Magazine and the other to the Great Room deck. This is the one that had me stumped for a couple of days, ENJOY.

Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates

I do thank you all very much for all for all of your visits to my build log on the little ship the Oliver Cromwell. Also for your very kind words and very nice comments.

Back in the Old Ship Yard the little fellows and I have cut out and fitted the Bow Book along with all of the Scarph Joints to complete the Water Ways on the Lower Deck along with a few extra. I was going to do these in a regular Scarph Joint but my Admiral preferred the Hooked Scarph Joint so this is what I have did. Just a little extra work on the mill but well worth it. Now I can glue these Water Ways in place but probably still have to edge bent a few but these are the easy ones, ENJOY.

Regards Lawrence8207182072

Hello Ship Mates
Thanks for all of your visits to my build log. Also for your very kind words and nice comments.

Back in the Old Ship Yard the little fellows and I have finished8272982730 building the Waterways and we have installed them. We have also built and installed the Spirkettings or the Upper side of the Waterways. They still need to be tapered on there edges a bit but I will do that as the Lower Deck becomes planked.

We are planning to add 4 little Led Lights to this Deck + the one that we installed in the Light Room Lamp Window. ENJOY.

Regards Lawrence

Back