Oliver Cromwell, POF ,Scale 1:48 by Lawrence [COMPLETED BUILD]

Your gunports are looking good - lucky you, that they are all located between the frames and follow completely the frame and space raster.
The same with the oar-ports - Good progress my friend Thumbs-Up

Your gunports are looking good - lucky you, that they are all located between the frames and follow completely the frame and space raster.
The same with the oar-ports - Good progress my friend Thumbs-Up
Thank you Uwe, Yes Harold Hahn did make these much easier, working on the Oar Ports, so far they do not seam at all that hard to do, ENJOY.
Regards Lawrence

IMG_5450.JPGIMG_5451.JPGIMG_5452.JPGIMG_5453.JPGHello Ship Mates
Work continues in the Old Ship Yard but at a slower pace. We built a tube out of wood for the 14 Rowing Ports. We thought we had it all figured out but after the glue dried and we sliced these out on our Byrnes Table Saw we discovered that they were around .050” or 1.28 mm two big so we put them in the vice on our little Proxxon Mill and cut them back to size. We then cut the ribs on the Oliver Cromwell to fit, pre-shaped these on the disk sander and then glued them in place leaving them a bit proud and finished them up with a few little files, ENJOY.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates
We are still finding a bit of time to work in the Old Ship Yard. The little fellows and I have installed the two filler frames on the stern of our ship, this seams to give her a more complete look. We have also replaced two of the Counter timbers as we left them to long and we broke off a couple. We have also started the inter hull planking with cherry wood and have completed two rows, ENJOY.
Regards LawrenceIMG_5454.JPGIMG_5455.JPGIMG_5456.JPGIMG_5457.JPG

Hello Ship Mates

We arrived back home again last Sat. from our 2-week vacation of R & R on the French River. Boy did we pick the weather wrong this year. As it was very cold and lots of rain. We did have a couple of nice days and rented the pontoon boat to enjoy the beautiful French River, even caught a couple of nice Pickerel and lots of small Bass.
Did a lot of reading and looking at my ship books and did decide to start building the ships stove on my return. Sure, got a surprise at just how small this stove is a 1:48 scale. The little fellows and I cut out the mane body from a block of cedar. Added the two sides and installed the three fire great rails. We added the Smoke Hood with it’s Dummy Lid and Hinges. We also added the two swing our pot holders and along with the two supports for the Spit. This really is a build in it’s but a very enjoyable for a bit of a change, ENJOY.
Regards LawrenceIMG_5501.JPGIMG_5502.JPGIMG_5503.JPGIMG_5504.JPG

Good to hear, that you had some relaxing time and that you had time for research and chance to prepare your modeling during this time.
Your miniature Brodie stove is coming our nicely - which drawings did you use as basis?

Good to hear, that you had some relaxing time and that you had time for research and chance to prepare your modeling during this time.
Your miniature Brodie stove is coming our nicely - which drawings did you use as basis?
Hello Uwe, Thank you very much four very kind words and nice comments. Yes we had a nice tile despite the cold and the rain, we had a couple of really nice days up in the low 70F or 21C +, just great to be on the water and the French River area has so much to see.

For my ship's stove I using my set of plans from Harold M. Hahn along with those in my TFFM and those that I found in the HMS Fly index. I had to change it's sizes due to my placement of the Riding Bitts and the Fore Mast, but I do believe that it will fit in nicely even being just a bit smaller in size, ENJOY.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates

Well the little fellows and I have finally finished our ship’s stove. We added a lot of detail but had to omit a lot of things due to the small size of it. We even robed my Admiral Red Beads to simulate a fire in the hearth, we also did this as we ordered a couple of Red Led Lamps to aluminate the fire in the stove. So now it is back to the internal planking that is also coming to an end, ENJOY.
Regards LawrenceIMG_5505.JPGIMG_5506.JPGIMG_5507.JPGIMG_5508.JPGbrodieStoveN109bricks.gif

Back