Oliver Cromwell, POF ,Scale 1:48 by Lawrence [COMPLETED BUILD]

Thanks for the reply Lawrence, there is a lot of inspiring and educational work you are showing, there is a lot to learn in your build log since I am going to build my Rattlesnake the same way you do.

Thanks for the reply Lawrence, there is a lot of inspiring and educational work you are showing, there is a lot to learn in your build log since I am going to build my Rattlesnake the same way you do.
Hello Knut, I do thank you for your very kind words and comments. I am very pleased that my build log on the Oliver Cromwell will help you in your build, ENJOY.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates
The little fellows and I have spent the week sawing out Grating strips out of Cherry wood. Fitting all of these strips together and giving them a watered down bath of white glue to hold them together. Cutting these 4 upper deck Gratings to size and building the Coamings to hold them a bit above the deck level and then fitting them to there proper hatches. This AM we have given them 2 coats of Satin Varnish and now we will be able to install them. We have also refitted the Main Jeer Bitts to fit around the Aft. Hatch, ENJOY.
Regards Lawrence
IMG_5429.JPGIMG_5513.JPGIMG_5514.JPGIMG_5515.JPGIMG_5516.JPGIMG_5517.JPG

Last edited:
Hello Ship Mates
IMG_5518.JPG Just a little update this afternoon as the little fellows and I have installed the too Hooks and 2 Eyebolts on the two Riding Bitts and the Bitt-Cross Piece. This was done on the real ship as to enable the crew to replace a broken Bitt Cross Piece and also it could be removed and stowed on deck to give a little more room around the Stove at sea, ENJOY

Regards Lawrence

Very good gratings, Lawrence and excellent extra details to the cross-bits! Just out of curiosity, will you blacken the eye-bolts and hooks?
Hello Jim, I thank you very much for your very kind words and comments. I suppose that I should blacken the hooks and
eyebolts but I think that I will leave them in the brass colour, just for a bit of caterer, ENJOY
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates
The little fellows and I have added the imitation Treenails to the MainIMG_5519.JPGIMG_5520.JPG Deck just to take away a bit of the planeness. We almost used the real treenails but were afraid of cutting all of those Led Lamp wires just below this deck so to be on the safe side we did it this way. We also added a Scuttle Hatch to make access to the Bread Room, ENJOY.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates
SOS Sponsorship Program vie the Lumberyard
Dave, I thank you very much for all of your very generous model ship building supplies. I went to the post office today and was rewarded with this great package of building supplies from you. Much more then I had expected that I will list below
24 cannons with charadges
2 types of box wood
Castello decking
Walnut for the whales
Boxwood Coamings lumber
West India Boxwood random sheets
Upper and lower deck planking.
Brass oar locks to build the Rowing Port Doors
I feel like Christmas has come early this year and I am over whelmed with the great generosity of the Lumberyard and the SOS Sponsorship Program and of me being excepted into it, Thank you Dave, ENJOY.
Regards LawrenceIMG_5522.JPGIMG_5523.JPG

IMG_5524.JPGIMG_5525.JPGIMG_5526.JPGIMG_5527.JPGGood Morning Ship Mates
This morning the little fellows and I have completed the ships Capstan that we have been working on this last week, not having a lathe or even a dividing head in our position this turned out to be quite a task for such a little item as a ships Capstan , however this AM we gave it the second coat of Varnish and will put it aside to it is installed later on in the build, ENJOY.
Regards Lawrence

Lawrence I have been looking at your log in search of ideas and tips that may be intresang for my project.
I found two pictures of your jig plate, question, is it the same jig plate on both pictures ?.
Here are the two pictures I found in your log, see that there is glued pattern on one of the pictures.
Lawrens jig (1).JPGLawrens jig (2).JPG
Greetings from, Knut ...

Lawrence I have been looking at your log in search of ideas and tips that may be intresang for my project.
I found two pictures of your jig plate, question, is it the same jig plate on both pictures ?.
Here are the two pictures I found in your log, see that there is glued pattern on one of the pictures.
View attachment 115457View attachment 115458
Greetings from, Knut ...
Hello Knut, Yes this the same building jig, the difference is I printed the picture of the jig from my plans and then glued it onto the jig. I figured it was much easier to do it this way rather than wright all of those # on it by hand with little room for errors, ENJOY.
Regards Lawrence

Back