Oliver Cromwell, POF ,Scale 1:48 by Lawrence [COMPLETED BUILD]

She is looking fabulous Lawrence, great workmanship, my Admiral and I have you in our thoughts, be strong for each other, one day at a time, reaching out across the world, lots of love,

Maureen and John ,
Thank you Maureen and John for your very kind words and thoughts. Bernadette and I do appreciate it very much. I try to use the Old Ship Yard a refuge from reality but the thoughts keep coming back.
Regards Lawrence

Very good work my friend - looking really good
Hello Uwe, your kind words and support means a lot to us. Still have a bit of clean up to do and add some cargo to these empty holes, but that will come in time. Just about to the point of marking out and cutting off the building jig that will make her look like a real ship, Thanks.
Regards Lawrence

At first, I kinda wondered when you covered with desk planking accommodations you build under. Now, I get it, you can see it from starboard openings. Great idea and awesome result.
Hello Jim, I thank you very much for your visit. Yes the cut outs were to enable the viewer to be able to see the inter workings of this little ship. Oh I could of left some of the deck planking off to do the same thing but I wanted our little ship to be a bit different. Still have a lot of detail to add below deck but that will come in time, Thanks.
Regards Lawrence

IMG_5568.JPGIMG_5569.JPG Hello Ship Mates
We are in the midst of an Ontario Blizzard, but it is nice and warm here in the Old Ship Yard looking out at it. Today the little fellows and I were Wood Butchers we took the little Xcelite Saw that I gave my Admiral many years ago to work on her stained glass and proceeded to cut the Oliver Cromwell from her building jig We were a bit afraid to tackle this but it was rather an easy thing to do. We then took our Dremel flex drive and a little sanding drum and evened up the top of the ship’s ribs. It sure is amazing as to the appearance that this dose to our little ship.
Regards Lawrence

Wow Lawrence, this looks really good, I bet there were a lot of nerves in the air when you released the model from the jig, good luck.
Hello Knut, I thank you very much for your very kind words. Yes I was a bit nervous at the removing of the building jig but really it was very easy, it surprised me very much so.
Regards Lawrence

IMG_5570.JPGIMG_5571.JPG Hello Ship Mates
The little fellows and I wanted to add the Captains Bed in his sleeping area ahead of the Great Room. The trouble being with his sleeping area shared this space with a canon. Those take up a lot of room. I realize that this canon would have been pulled in and secured to the ships side under normal conditions. How ever We wanted to have the canon mounted and in the gun port. So, we moved the dividing bulkhead over into the Chart Room to make room for his bed.
Regards Lawrence

Lawrence,
What plans are you using for the inside (cabin walls layout and shape)? There is no in formation about this in the Hahn-plans.
Janos
Hello Janos, Yes I know that Harold Hahn gave almost no info at all in his plans for the inside of his ships outside of the Galley Stove. I get most of my info from the T.F.F.M. and a few drawings on the web. The Captains Bed is from memory of some of the tanker ships that I have sailed on, it may not be correct for the 1777 area but it does seam to fit in and it is a bed, my two cents worth.
Regards Lawrence

Attachments

• large.jpg
    large.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 8
Back