Oliver Cromwell, POF ,Scale 1:48 by Lawrence [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello Ship Mates
Work continues on the little ship the Oliver Cromwell. The little fellows and I have built the 4 Main Brace Blocks with working brass shives on the after side of the Quarter deck. In looking over my plans I have discovered that there are another 4 Sheet Blocks on the Main Deck Bulkheads. It's to bad that I originally misted these as it would have been much easier to build them all at once, another lesson learned.
Regards LawrenceIMG_5702.JPGIMG_5703.JPG

Nice, precise work, as always, Lawrence!
János
Hello Janos, I thank you very much for your visit and also for your nice comments. I have started the after rails on the Mane deck and have been trying to draw those spirals for the scroll work, I am sure not much of an artiest. May have to resort to scanning my plans, but hope not.
Regards Lawrence

Hi Lawrence
See? I was sure you're gonna be promoted!
János

Hello Janos, Thanks for your visit and also for your very kind comments. You do have me a bit confused though. Are you referring Lawrence to that of the HMS Lawrence? Thanks. In my younger day I did sail on the super oil tanker Imperial St Lawrence for a couple of years, deep sea, but that was a long time ago.
Regards Lawrence

Hi Lawrence,
I just found St Lawrence funny, that's why I said you had been promoted...no offence intended.
János

Hello Ship Mates, Work continues in the Old Ship Yard in this virus lock down. The little fellows and I have cut the two double Spirals on the aft side of the Main Deck. The top one in my picture has been reworked and all low it is not perfect I do believe that I can live with it. We also installed all of the Railings on the Mane Deck and also on the Quarter Deck. Still have to build two more Spiral's for the aft end of the Focal Deck.
Regards Lawrence IMG_5707.JPGIMG_5708.JPGIMG_5709.JPG

Hello Ship Mates
We have cut the two double Spirals in the Focal Railing and installed these. Yesterday we removed the Bow Cut Water and built another out of Natural Pear. The Red Oak original just did not do it, the wood grain was just to big and stood out to much, also the Gammoning slot was two low and we cut the new one much higher. We also added the Hawse Timbers and added there holes.
Regards LawrenceIMG_5710.JPGIMG_5710.JPGIMG_5715.JPGIMG_5716.JPGIMG_5717.JPG

Hello Ship Mates
Work continues in the Old Ship Yard, We have built and added the Hand Rail around the outside of the Quarter Deck. The Quarter Deck Breastwork looks like more of a challenge as it has 6 turned Stanchions across the front of the Quarter Deck and we do not have a lathe, something to think about.
Regards LawrenceIMG_5719.JPGIMG_5719.JPG

Hello Ship Mates
Yesterday we got lucky when we were looking over some of our left overs from previous builds. We found 7 Columns that were left over from our HMS Victory build from several years ago. We only needed 6 for our Quarter Deck Breastwork. This made things much easier for us to build this Forward set of Railings on the Quarter Deck.
Regards LawrenceIMG_5720.JPG

Hello Ship Mates
We are spending a lot more time these days in the Old Ship Yard due to this Virus lock Down. This Am we completed the Forecastle Breast Work Rail, this compleats all of the ships railings I believe. Now I must look at the Belfry that houses the ships Bell. Just not sure how I will do that as yet.
Regards LawrenceIMG_5721.JPG

Hello Ship Mates
Yesterday we tackled our first carving job with a piece of boxwood supplied by Dave at the Lumberyard, and with the aid of my rotary tool and the aid of a few files we carved out the roof for the Belfry. We mounted the Ships Bell along with it's ringer cord. This unit is only dry fitted for now until we build the Galley Stove smoke stack, and it would only be in the way for now.
Regards LawrenceIMG_5722.JPG

Hi Lawrence
Nice work!
Don't take it as a criticism, just my opinion and I can be wrong here.... but I think the Belfry top might be a bit too wide.
János
Hello Janos, I thank you very much for your honesty, Yes the Belfry top in my picture dose look to wide, I believe this is because of the camera angle. However last night I built the Galley Smoke Stack to the size of my plans and this AM apon checking its fit along side of the Belfry it is just to short. This is the size that Hahn drew it up, but by checking back on his pictures and also on your Oliver Cromwell build he has drawn my set of plans to short for the smoke stack. This I will rebuild later on today. I believe the Belfry top will fit in nicely, Looks like my camera lied.
Regards LawrenceIMG_5723.JPG, seams like my

Back