USS Constitution Revell 1/96 kit

Very good, that you restarted the work on the Conny, so I guess after the total loss some months ago you started with a new hull.
It would be really good, if you show us your work with some photos. (see my post #18 of this topic)

I had an older kit and used the hull from that. I ran out of room on my album and deleted some pics to make more room but that didn't work and I can't figure out hoe to get more pics.

Working on the spars, using wire for the foot ropes and making furled sails out of tissue paper that has been tea stained. It is my understanding that if a ship in port has mounted furled sails, she is ready for sea and the spars would be in the higher position on the masts Is this a correct assumption?

I got another Revell 1/96Constitution from a friend of mine who claims it's too much for him. This kit has always had problems with the gun deck and transom fit, so I studied this a little. He only had the hull halves together.
On the stern deck, near the stern galley, there are two wings, port and starboard, on the gun deck that are causing the fit problem. The section where they meet the hull is molded to far forward. File these down a little at a time and check for proper fit. Once you get the fit corrected, the transom goes in just right.

The problem fitting the stern deck involves not only the three decks, but also the bulkhead for the stern galley, the top of the three pieces that form the bulkhead to the Captain's quarters also interfere with the fit of the spar deck, simple solution is to sand or file them down a little. I forgot to include this in my post on fitting the gunn decks in place.

Got two Connies now and working both. The one I am into the rigging, but dust is collecting on the spar deck. (Slow worker)
Would the compressed air cans we use to clean our pc keyboards be too much for the Constitution?

Back