One-inch-long schooner

That's just showing off! Got your latest download and I'm convinced enough to have a go at the 'Glen Helen' this summer, soon as I've finished my Santa Lucia

It isn't really. In fact I am rather ashamed of the micro schooner, it really is dreadful when seen close-up, and has all the features that I so dislike in models - Too thick one piece masts, spars not tapered, scrappy looking painting and virtually no rigging - I will not be making any more at this scale! :oops:
Glad you like the download, and wish you luck with the Glen Helen - it really is a lot easier than it looks.
Bob
Miss Morris Pound Sterling (Medium).JPG

It isn't really. In fact I am rather ashamed of the micro schooner, it really is dreadful when seen close-up, and has all the features that I so dislike in models - Too thick one piece masts, spars not tapered, scrappy looking painting and virtually no rigging - I will not be making any more at this scale! :oops:
Glad you like the download, and wish you luck with the Glen Helen - it really is a lot easier than it looks.
Bob
View attachment 137720

A miniature of a miniature! Love them both

Ted

Bob.

I think the ten foot rule applies here, if it looks good from ten feet away it’s good. In this case maybe the rule should ten inches :D

Jan

I'd like to submit to this thread a miniature J-22 sailboat that I made from scratch with no plans, just a lot of photos. It's approx. 1:176 scale. Made it for my son's 30th birthday. He owns a J-22, his first sailboat. The windvane at top of mast is a wristwatch second hand.J-22_1078A.JPGJ-22_1078B.JPGJ-22_1078C.JPGJ-22_1078D.JPGJ-22_1078G.JPGJ-22_1078H.JPG

Last edited:
Back