One more chinese kit of La Salamandre ))), now is being built in Russia [COMPLETED BUILD]

Work looks great. Beakhead is a term I had not heard before, but I have figured out where the location is.

Kurt
Kurt,

A beakhead is the protruding part of the foremost section of a sailing ship. It was fitted on sailing vessels from the 16th to the 18th century and served as a working platform by sailors working the sails of the bowsprit, the forward-pointing mast that carries the spritsails. The beakhead would be one of the most ornate sections of a ship, particularly in the extravagant Baroque-style ships of the 17th century. The sides were often decorated with carved statues and located directly underneath was the figurehead, usually in the form of animals, shields or mythological creatures. The beakhead also housed the crew's toilets (head), which would drop refuse straight into the sea without sullying the ship's hull unnecessarily.

When you really know the work involve to build a model what ever is the type of material paper, resin, plastic or wood any type of model ship, tanks, car, plane or figurine what ever the level of your skill. We know fellow modeller the work involve to build all those part. I see here talent, patience and a will to achieved a model that is as much as perfect as possible so Thumbsup for a real god work.

I am very happy to see you are back on your La Salamandre from CAF
Great! And I will take my chair from the Cutter build with me, to sit once more also here in the first row ;)

Very clean an accurate work on the blocks and permanent rigging.
Are you sure, that your model is also 1:48?
Isn´t it maybe 1:24 ? The quality is telling me, that it can be only a bigger scale - Very good work

Back